Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 asks me to register every time I launch it - but I HAVE!!

Oct 27, 2012 5:19 AM

Tags: #cs6 #serial #extended

This happens whether I try to launch from within lightroom 4, or whether I launch from my desk top.

It'll work a couple of times, then goes back to telling me I have to register the product.  I only have the 64 bit verion installed on Windows 7.

In my adobe, it shows up as a registered product.

Any suggestions please?  I can never contact an adobe tech!

Thanks

Replies
  • Sudarshan Thiagarajan
    4,000 posts
    Oct 15, 2010
    Oct 27, 2012 6:57 AM   in reply to KirstyMc

Are you on a Creative Cloud subscription or a standalone license?

Do you get an error code of some sort when it asks you to re-activate?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 27, 2012 7:26 AM   in reply to KirstyMc

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2012 8:37 AM   in reply to KirstyMc

Search your drive for unused or expired Trials and uninstall.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Oct 30, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to KirstyMc

There is also this help document on the topic: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to KirstyMc

I am having this/similar problem too. This morning the Adobe updater popped up for CS6 so I went ahead and allowed it to do its thing (to 13.02).  Later, CS6 launched fine (from LR4) once. Upon second launch something popped up about needing to login (didn't pay close attention) so I went ahead and did so. It already knew my email address.  However since then, at every launch it pops up with CS6 Extended Trial.

I own Standard, not Extended and not cloud.

I never ran a trial, ever.

OSX 10.7.5

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to gryhnd

Just clicked through enough screens to get to a point where I was asked for my license ID again. After entering all seems OK for now and I'm back to standard without the nag screen.

Bigger question is why I had to do that?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to gryhnd

And again this morning after today's camera raw update. CS6 restarted as Extended, then barfed a licensing error. What's going on guys?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to gryhnd

I´m at the same point since upgrading to 13.0.3. First the trial window for the Cloud pops up with a random number of days remaining. If I refuse, it will finish with Extended which I don´t own (suppose it´s a trial too, but didn´t check).

If I click License this Software it will seem to work, until next day.

I´m on OSX 10.8.2 BTW.

Get your act together Adobe, I don´t want anything else than what I paid for, but I don´t want to register all the time either!!!

A disgrace really!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to JasperDS

Please read the existing replies.  This is a known problem, and the activation team is working on it.

But it's a holiday, so it's going to take a little longer to get this resolved.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 12:48 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

But who releases updates just before a holiday when everone is off  - that is really poor planning and poor testing

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 6:53 PM   in reply to KirstyMc

Again, as noted, the fix is forthcoming.

(and the release date was NOT our choice)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 6:54 PM   in reply to KirstyMc

Whoops, I  got topics confused while trying to deal with a persistent spammer.

The activation problem is known, and is being worked on.

It's been delayed a bit because of the holidays.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to KirstyMc

For me this happens to all CS6 apps, not just Photoshop (osX 10.7.5 desktop and 10.8.2 laptop).

Pretty disconcerting the first several times, but closing the sales window (red button) allows the apps to open anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 10:42 PM   in reply to jimhere

Coming back on that, something seems to have changed for the better now; that is, since saturday, I didn´t have to register anymore, that´s 3 days in a row. I´m not aware of any update on my Mac since then either, so it´s a bit puzzling. I didn´t do that much: after entering the serial# again, this time I immediately closed CS6, then shot down the whole computer. A cold reboot and it didn´t happen again...

I am not aware of anything updated - system wide, not only Adobe - since the issue arose, so level of confidence in this ´fix´ is not very high, alas. So far, it seems to work for me and that´s already something. Would be nice to have confirmation from Adobe for peace of mind though. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to JasperDS

Hmmm... Too much enthusiasm again! I had to enter the serial again yesterday...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 3:12 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Hi Chris,

I bought CS6 Design & Web Premium online from Adobe.com on August 5, 2012. I used the products successfully for 6 months and here in January I start getting requests for my SN every other time I boot one of the applications. I've used "Chat" on Adobe.com and they have me input my SN, the message goes away and they hang up believing the problem is fixed. I tell them this is a persistent problem but they dont want to really seem to want to help.

And today Acrobat Pro has stopped accepting my SN altogether.

Oh, and I too have recieved the "My Trial Period is 36,767 days".

From reading this page and the messages, this is a known problem. Today is Jan 24 2013. I see the first parts of this post started in October.

What are we supposed to do when the software we depend on to make a living stops working and Adobe tech support is LESS than supportive in resolving the issue?

Adobe is better than this - What gives? For the first time, I am disappointed in your company and products. ANY help would be a step in the right direction.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to 001_Doug

January 14

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 3:20 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Where do I get it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 6:41 AM   in reply to KirstyMc

Thanks Kirsty!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 1:55 AM   in reply to Curt Y

That did the trick by the looks of it, after both upgrades of Bridge and CS6, I´m not bothered anymore. Instead, I´m happy again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to KirstyMc

...And the pain continues for several of my customers in our creative services group.  They are prompted to register every time CS6 Design and Web Premium ( standalone license) is started.  I think all are running 64-bit Win7.

Has there been any progress since the end of January?  Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points