Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

export an image of a PAGE from a pdf (vector)

Oct 29, 2012 7:06 PM

i have a set of architectural drawings in pdf format and one of the pages had the logo cut off. i am trying to edit this in a IMAGE FILE format in photoshop (i need to add some border and fix the logo) but this set of drawings is in a five page pdf.

the drawings will be posted to the web and they are specifically requesting IMAGE FILES.

is there a way to export ONE PAGE from this five page pdf or to do something other than take a screenshot on my mac? i am assuming that some kind of export to raster image will have a much higher resolution than taking a screenshot.

TIA

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,744 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 29, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to hotwheels222

Sure. For exmaple, in Acrobat 9 you can select: File > Export Image > JPEG|JPEG2000|PNG|TIFF

In Acrobat 11: File > Save As Other > Image > JPEG|JPEG2000|PNG|TIFF

When the Save As dialog appears, there is a Settings button that allows you to soecify various options such as resolution, compression, and color settings, depending on what format you want. Since you just want to do a simgle page, you might want to extract that page (Document > Extract Pages [A9] or Tools > pages Extract [A11]) first to a new PDF and then convert to image.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 30, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to hotwheels222

Or, if you want to edit in Photoshop, just open the PDF in Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points