Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ID CS6 Step and Repeat different behavior than previous

Oct 30, 2012 6:18 PM

In versions before CS6 (8.0.1) I would select an item, let's say a business card, go to Step and Repeat and enter 3.5 inches for a horizontal copy, the result was that both the original and the repeated item remained selected. NOW the copied item remains selected but the original is now de-selected.

Is this a new "feature" or is there something I'm missing???

Mac 8-core, 18gb RAM, Snow Leopard, CS6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 30, 2012 6:47 PM   in reply to GeofferyH

It's new.

On the other hand, one reason for leaving both selected, to do a new S&R to make a grid, is no longer necessary as you can do the grid in one step.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 2:36 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Wonder why they would introduce this feature only to remove it a couple of versions later? When my co-worker and I first noticed it we both remarked on how helpful it was, and now it's gone.

Sure the new grid feature is handy but it's not useful for the main reason why I use step and repeat... I make one business card, proof with the customer, and once approved I set it 10-up on a sheet for printing using step and repeat. Now in CS6 it's an extra step to achieve this. Unless someone can come up with an alternate solution, I don't see the meaning of it's removal.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 3:27 PM   in reply to Jeremy AB

I don't know what you are talking about. Step and repeat is still there, and step and repeat as a grid is still a feature. What do you think is missing?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 5:48 AM   in reply to GeofferyH

Not new really.  Earlier version of InDesign behaved this way.  I was more upset that they had (a few versions ago) made the step and repeat dialog box so "Smart". (Like Microsoft Smart).  Used to be able to put in your count and distance values without Complaints from ID about "Oh that is not going to fit on the pasteboard" until you hit ok. Haven't got to play with CS6 yet, so hopefully it will allow us to put in values without complaints.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to GeofferyH

I have posted to Feature Requests as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points