Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Image Processor not closing Images

Oct 31, 2012 6:47 PM

When I use the image processor from Bridge, I specify that I want it to process the images selected in Bridge, save as a PSD and run a set of actions.  The files do get saved to a PSD folder, but they do not get closed, so they all remain open.  This slows the process down dramatically and it used to close them all, as it should.  Any help in getting it to close the files after processing them would be helpful!

Thanks!

Jamaica

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2012 7:20 PM   in reply to photogjamaica

Hi photogjamaica,

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

It may have something to do with your action.

Do you have a save step in your action?

If you run the Image Processor on those files without using an action, does it work right?

If it does could you post a screenshot of the actions panel with the action steps open?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to photogjamaica

Hi. You’ve posted your question in a forum that is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop.  I'm moving your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum for specialized attention to your situation.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Nov 1, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to photogjamaica

Use the web interface, and just above the editor pane there's a little "Camera" icon.  That's how you attach images up to 2 MB each (e.g., JPEG).

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 8:23 PM   in reply to photogjamaica

did you figure this out?  it drives me crazy.  I need to process a ton of files for a school I shot and I can't possibly do them one by one!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 9:28 PM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

The action needs a Close recorded step...otherwise, Photoshop will keep the image open. If you are using Image Processor and adding an action, that action needs to have a save and close step at the end.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

I put a save and close right now...I did save as - and had it save as a copy and in a new folder and still got the same response.  It says it's sorry but it can't process  And it says changes have been made do you want to save it?.  It used to always work in CS5 but now it doesn't work there either.

is there a different way to do save and close like you are saying?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 2:02 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

You don't need a close step, that is done with all the processors. What you need to do first is reset the Photoshop preferences and try again.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to Paul Riggott

Not sure what to reset.  couldnt' find a box that said reset to default - only thing to reset was the warning dialog.  I did that.  Ran the action - didn't work.  It saved it in a JPEG file within the folder but will not close it in PS.  Thanks for your help.  I took the save and close step out of the action.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to DodsonTracyL

This explains how to do a reset...

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to Paul Riggott

ok did that.  still did same thing - thanks again for helping me!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 24, 2013 11:11 PM   in reply to photogjamaica

Increase the number of history states to exceed the number of steps in the action (included nested actions), and the problem should go away.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 9:34 AM   in reply to zura bezhanishvili

I've been dealing with this forever lol!  Increasing the history states worked!  Thanks!!!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 26, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to zura bezhanishvili

Thank you for that bit of insight, Zura!  That handily explains why those of us who normally set up large numbers of history states (I'm set to 200) don't see the problem.

Just keep in mind that increasing the number of history states will put a bigger demand on your RAM.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points