Skip navigation
Anne-Siv
Currently Being Moderated

Some issues with Presenter 8

Oct 31, 2012 11:20 PM

Hi

I have some issues withe Presenter8:

Slide durations:

I want to set the duration to 0 sec when in the slide manager to the slide is set to "Advance by user" > "Yes".  (It can be set to under 0 sec, but it does not work, the slide duration is never less than 0.5 sec.)

Swf files:  

I have SWF files with audio and interactions, it appear different depending on how i choose to start the page (after i have published the course). Sometimes it starts as it should and somtimes it does not. I can't find out what triggers this. In "manage Swf" have ticked "Control using playbar"...

Quiz:

I also have quizes in my course, I have audio to each question and responce at each answer. The audio at the responces con not be stoped until the audiofile ends, the audio is still running if I click any other buttons or click next.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anne S

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2012 10:21 PM   in reply to Anne-Siv

Hi

The default duration in presenter is 5 seconds and the minimum is 1 second.

Therefore any slide will play for a minimum of 1 sec even if you make the slide duration equal to 0.

Can I please know what exactly you want here?

Can you please be elaborate on the swf files? Is the audio an embedded audio in the swf?

Or the audio is inserted on the slides?

Similarly is the audio imported on quiz slide? Do you want an audio when the answer is right and wrong? Or is the audio itself the question?

Thanks

Mahesh

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 2:21 AM   in reply to Anne-Siv

Hi

It would be good If you can send me the presentation

The presenter mobile app does not support any swf content since Ipad does not support flash. Interactions being a swf is not supported

In quizzes we support only MCQ and true-false. we are currently adding more features to the presenter app.

Thanks

Mahesh

|
    Mark as:
  • Jorma Jennings
    1,856 posts
    Jul 5, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 2, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to mkalyanp

I agree that it is frustrating that with Presneter 7 and older, the slide durration could be set to 0, for slides with interactive content. This kept the play bar from showing a false sense of urgnecy to the user (i.e. falsely indicating that the user has only 5 seconds to complete the interactive content).

Not a deal breaker, but frustrating.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to Anne-Siv

Which browser are you using??

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 1:45 AM   in reply to Anne-Siv

I just tested on IE and it is working for me

Is it working for you?

Have you set flash global security settings in IE? Can you please add C:\ to flash global security and check?

Mahesh

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 2:32 AM   in reply to Anne-Siv

Hi Anne

Am asking about the hyperlinks issue.

Are the hyperlinks working in IE?

Also please log a case with the techsupport so that it will be easier be easier to follow the status of the bug.

thanks

Mahesh

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points