Skip navigation
Rahul Tech
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any advanced feature of Adobe Flash released to lower the page loading slow down rate...?

Oct 31, 2012 11:42 PM

Tags: #installation #adobe_flash_advanced_feature #lower_slow_down_rate #page_loading

Any advanced feature of Adobe Flash to embed in my site

https://www.puntercalls.com/header/images/logo.png

Hi! My site is basically based on providing share market tips covering finance market. The site was recently migrated from the old look to a new look for a professional view. To make the home page wear a professional look, I am displaying a video like screen for news headlines organising images into jquery effect. But what I experienced so far this jquery effect is slowing down the home page at the time of loading (plz refer the screen shot below). You can check it  at Puntercalls Homepage .  I'm sure if I embed the normal flash feature in palce of this jquery, it must slow down than the former.

So what I exactly want to know is if there is any advanced feature of Adobe Flash by which the homepage won't slow down while loading.

Kind suggestions are greatly appreciated in advance!

The screenshot of slower loading as the result of jquery effect:

Puntercalls Slower loading screenshot.png

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 1, 2012 12:06 AM   in reply to Rahul Tech

you've increased the total file sizes that are downloaded in order to display your home page and it's taking too long to display?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 1, 2012 8:57 AM   in reply to Rahul Tech

If you just want to change the way that the photo section works, then, it is most likely that a Flash version of the photo display might be smoother and faster to play than the jquery version that you are now using. Its difficult to guarantee a result. You have 10 css libraries and 8 js libraries that are called along with a good bit of inline js that is running on this site. So it will be difficult to say how quickly or smoothly a Flash .swf file will download and play.

I'm guessing that Flash will be faster, but then I also think that going door to door and handing people a print of the photo would be faster than the jquery file that is running. You may want to look at the possible interference that you have on the current site between the various js and css files that are trying to display the content.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 1, 2012 2:35 PM   in reply to Rahul Tech

if you're using flash cs6, you could publish your swf with lmza compression and possibly decrease your swf's file size.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Nov 3, 2012 8:05 AM   in reply to Rahul Tech

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...