• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI - Where is Touchup / Edit Object tool?

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company just upgrade to XI Pro, have documents to retag for accessibility, but I cannot for the life of me find the edit object tool. 

Where has this gone?

I can no longer open the tags panel, select an object in the document, go back to tags panel and "Find tag by selection".  I can create an empty tag, select an object and then in Tags panel right click on that empty tag but I cannot "Create tag from selection".

I looked through all the tool sets, especially the Content Editing tools, the help section, please can anyone point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

I found it...it's has been moved from "Content", where it was in X, and now under "Print Production".

And for those that hhave toave to edit items such as hyperlinks or even form fields...the Select Object tool is no longer under "Content [Editing]" and moved to "Interactive Objects".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it...it's has been moved from "Content", where it was in X, and now under "Print Production".

And for those that hhave toave to edit items such as hyperlinks or even form fields...the Select Object tool is no longer under "Content [Editing]" and moved to "Interactive Objects".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been moved there intentionally, as Adobe want the new Edit Text and Images tools to be more discoverable. The legacy Edit Object tool is intended for advanced users only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines