Skip navigation
daleycharles
Currently Being Moderated

MacBook Air and the Creative Cloud

Nov 1, 2012 2:33 PM

I am looking at buying the newest MacBook Air 13" and would like to know if it will run the Creative Cloud well. I will be using it for Web Design and Interactive Media School. I would also like to run Modo 601 on it. Can this computer handle it. $1200 is about the max I can spend on a computer. If there are other suggestion please let me know.

Thanks,

Charles Daley

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to daleycharles

Yes the computer will run the CS6 desktop applications.

You can read over the Tech Specs for each application by following the Tech Specs link from the bottom of the Apps page https://creative.adobe.com/apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 7:11 PM   in reply to daleycharles

The extra 4GB will probably help and make the experience of working with the Adobe applications better.

Do you know which applications you will be working with? If you are working on video with Premiere Pro then I would say yes. If you are using some of the features in Photoshop and working with large RAW files then I would say yes.

Also if you are listening to iTunes, processing video in some way in Premiere Pro, while alternating between reading your email and doing some web surfing/research then I would say yes.

If you know which applications you will be using then post in those product forums with the same question above but slant it to working with Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc. Either Adobe employees who work on that product or customers who use them a lot will let you know about the experience you might have.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to daleycharles

I do not know the answer.

Adobe employees or other customers will probably know the answer if you post in that particular product forum. But there may be customers in this forum who can report on this hardware configuration.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points