Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Configure CF Builder 2.1 for IIS

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some problems trying to configure CF Builder 2.1 for a local ISS server on Windows 7. When adding a server a receive the following error message:

[localhost]:Error(11/02 at 09:28:49) Unable to authenticate on RDS server using current security information.

This would seem as though my either my username/password for RDS are incorrent, however I've checked at everything seems to be ok.

My settings are as follows:

General Settings

Server Name: localhost

Description: N/A

Application Server: CF+Tomcat Bundle

Host Name: localhost

"Is local" radio button is selected

WebServer Port is 80

Local Server Settings

Server Home: c:/inetpub

Document Root: C:\inetpub\wwwroot

*I am unable to select a version of CF - the field is blanked out

Should I be disabling RDS? I am also installing for local dev so there is no need for it anyway.

I'm a newbie to CF so I'm pretty sure it's something simple I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to add that I removed the RDS password and now I am getting:

Error performing the server operation. Could not find path to jvm.config

Any help would be great. Would love to be able to do some code finally.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m afraid things sound possibly in too much of a mess to resolve by email.

If you may like some direct assistance (over the web, someone looking over your shoulder with you at your setup), I offer that sort of help, both for general CF server troubleshooting and for CFBuilder setup. In the case of CFBuilder, I realize some are reluctant to pay much (“it’s just an editor after all”), so I offer for that a “one problem fixed fee” approach, where I’ll work up to 2 hours to solve the problem (and help you understand the solution). For more, see www.carehart.org/consulting.

I appreciate that that may sound smarmy on a forum/list like this, where folks hope to find free help. I just find that nearly always, getting things like this working involves several moving parts, and trying to solve it by email is really painful for all concerned.

Hope that’s helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

I seem to have worked this one out by uninstalling CF Builder and starting again. Unfortunately I'm not sure what I may have done wrong.

Not quite at the level where I think I need consulting just yet, but will keep it in mind for when things get a little more complex.

Thanks,

bigscreentv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation