Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Has Occured Cannot Save File

Nov 1, 2012 9:46 PM

3 problems:

Problem 1:

I was unable to save a file. When trying to save a file I received the message "an error has occured". I was later able to re-save the file under a different name.

Problem 2:

Fireworks crashed (occurs at least 5 times a day) hence the reason I need to save so often.

Problem 3:

I tried re-opening the recovered file and cannot open it. It says "Could not open the file. An internal error has occured."

Is any of this hardware related? I have 8 gigs of ram and a relatively new computer (27 inch imac from 2010). I don't expect to recover my work, but is there anything I can do to prevent any of these problems from occuring?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to Mastov1

This happens to me all the time as well. Fireworks CS6 regularly fails at saving.

One thing I've narrowed it down to is that this will always cause save fails:

1) Create a new page.

2) Create a layer called "Foo".

3) On first page, create a layer called "Foo". Share that layer with the other page.

4) Try saving. It will fail.

I have a lot of pages in this project. Even with those conflicts eliminated, there's still some other unknown reason that causes save fails. Just now, I deleted objects in two different pages. Save fails. Sometimes I rename a page. Save fails. Sometimes I look at Fireworks wrong, save fails.

It's failed to re-open the file, which has freaked me out. But restarting Fireworks resolved it. Still, save is sort of ESSENTIAL to placing faith in a program which is the ONLY ONE that can read that file format.

I used to love Fireworks, back in the Macromedia days. But it's clear Adobe has never given two craps about it, even though it's a cool program for wireframing / templating, and designing. With all the save bugs, I might have to give it up. :-(

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 30, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to artythesmarty

The worse thing?

I went to see if there were updates for Fireworks CS6.

The Application Updater fails after it starts updating.

*sigh*

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points