Skip navigation
mathandos
Currently Being Moderated

Form Service API

Nov 2, 2012 2:28 AM

Hi

Hopefully someone will be able to assist me.

I am fairly new to Form Service API. Here's my scenario...

I have a client who will be developing an application to prepopulate a pdf form. The client will do a Web Service call, which will pass XML data source(to be merged with PDF template for prepopulation).

I have to develop a Form Server Web Servie API, which will merge the passed XML and PDF and send the merged PDF via an OutputStream to the Web Browser.

I  have already gone through the "Quick Start (Base64): Rendering an interactive PDF form using the web service API", and was able to prepopulate the form with xml data, but only to realise that I need to access my code through a web service call. What  I did was, generate a html page which had a submit button that will invoke the servlet doPost method.

What I would like to know is converting what I've done to accommodate a Web Service call, that sends a SOAP request to the API?

Or if possible direct me to a link that would stir me into the right direction as to what I need to do.

If it's not too much trouble, could I be given a step by step as to how the process should be in order to achieve my desired results.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MaThandos

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points