Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV

Nov 3, 2012 12:43 PM

Tags: #safari #linux #samsung #espn3 #32_bit #flash_player_11.2 #unable_to_download #samsung_smart_tv #yum

How do I update the Adobe Flash Player version on my new Samsung Smart TV?

I just purchased a Samsung Smart TV. When I try to watch ESPN3, I receive the message: Insufficient Flash Player Requirements.

Clicking to update gives the following information:

Adobe Flash Player version 11.2.202.243.

Your System: Linux 32-bit, Safari.

NOTE: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 will be the last version to target Linux as a supported platform. Adobe will continue to provide security backports to Flash Player 11.2 for Linux.

Select Version To Download:

YUM for Linux (YUM)

.tar.gz for other Linux

.rpm for other Linux

APT for UBUNTU 10.4.

When I select any of the first 3 Linux options, I receive the message: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD.  When I select APT, I receive the message SERVER NOT FOUND.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 7:51 AM   in reply to samsungmoe

Hi,

Sorry you are having difficulties. Samsung controls when, how, and what is updatable on their Smart TV's. Please contact Samsung support directly.

I found this link and perhaps it will help you locate the relevant Samsung support contact information.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Greg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2013 4:38 PM   in reply to Gregory Fischer

Hi Everyone in reguards to this topic.  We the buyer are currently out of luck. according to a live chat I just had with a samsung rep. it is currently not possible to download the upgrade to the flash player to our smart tvs. When I ask if this would be corrected soon, I was told that it MAY be corrected via a firmware update but they could not say for sure or if so when that might occur.

I am really bummed about this and sorry to be the one to have to pass it on.

Here is the conversation transcript:

Santen: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: I am in need of info on which download I need to use to update my blu-ray's flashplayer??

Santen: What is the model number of the player?

Visitor: ht-e5500w

Santen: I am truly sorry; as of now it is not possible to update the flash player on any of the Samsung players.

Santen: Also, I see that your player does not have web-browser.

Santen: Why do you want to update the flash player on your player?

Visitor: I am also sorry then as we will be sending this back. The ability to connect to the internet to play tv/ as well as all other media was a BIG part of why we choose to upgrade to blu-ray at all.

Visitor: ABC says that their content needs a higher player verision.

Santen: I understand your requirement. I can conform you that the player does not have web-browser.

Santen: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: It has web browser....I got to the site on the blu-ray afterall...but the site will not allow play of its content it gives a message saying that my device needs to download a newer version of adobe flash player.

Santen: I am truly sorry; as of now it is not possible to download flash player on any of the Samsung devices.

Visitor: It even gives 3 versions to download for few...but the bluray seems to block this download...WHY???

Santen: I understand your concern, but it is not possible to install the flash player on your player.

Santen: Samsung may release flash player update through firmware.

Visitor: Very well...will this be corrected soon or should I pack the home theater up for return??

Santen: I am really sorry; we do not have exact information about the future updates. However, I will for ward your feedback to the appropriate department.

Visitor: Thank You for your time and effort.

Santen: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor: Not at this time. Have a nice day.

Santen: Have a great night!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 1:06 PM   in reply to samsungmoe

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou  are now chatting with 'Camerin'. There will be a brief survey at the  end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1117901377736X

Camerin: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Visitor: Hello Camerin

Camerin: Hello. How may I assist you?

Visitor: I just bought a UN32EH5300 Smart TV and want to download Adobe Flash player

Visitor: So far it has not allowed me to do so

Camerin: Thank you for the Model Number. I will be glad to assist you.

Camerin: Is this a Samsung recommended app?

Visitor: I was told pre-purchase by store staffer that this model has both abrowser AND Flash

Visitor: I don't know. I have used the browser but upon attempting to "update" Flash I had no success.

Camerin: The TV support Web browser .

Visitor: The browser works. But websites such as the ABC network require a Flash player update.

Camerin: I don't see Adobe Flash player a recommended app for your TV?

Visitor: I can't say. But this is a key issue.

Camerin: The  TV installs only the Samsung recommended apps, since Adobe Flash player  is not a recommended app for this TV, your not able to update it.

Visitor: So how does one watch ABC shows available online ?

Camerin: The TV has 10.1 Adobe Flash player inbuilt. So any source needs more than 10.1 Flash player will not be played.

Camerin: That could be a reason why the ABC shows are not being played on your TV.

Visitor: Is there any firmware available to modify that limitation ?

Camerin: I am afraid; As of now there is no update available.

Visitor: I see. I will have to return the unit to the store.

Camerin: Can I help you with anything else?

Visitor: Yes. Does the evolution kit alter this limitation,

Visitor: and shouldn't the box contain an i.r. blaster ?

Camerin: I am afraid ; The evolution kit is available only for 7500 and higher series.

Visitor: I see. That will be all, Camerin. Thank you.

Camerin: There is no IR blaster available for the TV.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points