Skip navigation
premeirbuilders
Currently Being Moderated

i cannot create a pdf usiny my acrobat 9? Why? HELP!!!

Nov 4, 2012 8:46 PM

i Cannot create a pdf using adobe acrobat 9, options do not show up in ms office 2007, and cannot create a pdf using the adobe program.

INEED HELP ASAP PLEASE ANYONE?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2012 1:25 AM   in reply to premeirbuilders

To start with, go into Word and choose PRINT. Select the printer called "Adobe PDF".

Does this work and make a PDF?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2012 1:23 PM   in reply to Test Screen Name

After trying TSN's suggestion, please try repairing Acrobat via Help > Repair Acrobat Installation

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2012 8:01 PM   in reply to premeirbuilders

I am facing the same problem. It was working fine until my computer hung once while I was trying to create the PDF. I restarted the computer and the arcobat option that usually appear on the toolbar in word 2007 is gone.

I've tried to create PDF by printing PDF using "Adobe PDF", the process will stopped prematurely and stop responding.  Other times when the PDF actually finishes printing, there isn't any PDF created, at least not in the folder i have directed it to save into.

I have tried uninstalling Adobe and reinstalling, it doesn't work. Tried repairing the acrobat installation and it didn't work either.

I can't create PDF on any ms office applications. Please help

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to M_Polka

With AA9 there should be no problem printing to the Adobe PDF printer, unless you have disabled AcroTray. The most basic process to try is to select print to file when printing. Assuming that completes, then open the file in Distiller to complete the process. If there is a failure on this last step you should get error messages that can be posted. If it passes and you get a PDF, then AcroTray may not be running.

In terms of the Adobe menu appearing in WORD, that sometimes occurs when there is an error and WORD shuts down the macro as a protective step. The PDF Maker macro must be reenabled for things to work again -- however, there is still the lingering question of why it failed. It would be a good idea to update both WORD and Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points