• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User Updated Web App - best method?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wanting to make a business directory whereby selected registered users can update their own listings in the directory.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to go about this?

Do I make a web app that approved users have access to their listing (so they can edit their individual listing not all listings) / or is it best to add the details from their CRM profile some how?

Any help, pointers or examples greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner , Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mel,

Use a web app for that. Create a secure zone, add web app creation form to a page within that zone, provide users with a secure zone registration form and the login form. As for editing, add {tag_edit} to a web app list layout, set the edit layout for the web app and place {module_webappscustomer...} onto one of the pages within a secure zone.

Also, go to our KB and search for web apps and customer created content and you should find some helpful docs.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mario - any examples anywhere do you know?

The thing I am really looking for is to allow customers to edit certain listings (web app items).  Does the above method work if I create the web app item, then give them approval to edit it somehow?  Or does it only work if they upload the content?

I'll take another look at KB also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines