Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS6 - Warp Stabilizer BUG causes project to crash

Nov 5, 2012 4:57 PM

Tags: #premiere #crash #effect #cs6 #warp #stabilizer #analyze #serious_error

Hi!

Sometimes Warp Stabilizer causes Premiere CS6 to crash. I found out what steps cause this so hopefully a fix can be made in an update soon:

1) Add the WARP STABILIZER to a clip. It Analyzes and then is applied to the clip.

2) TOGGLE OFF the effect in the effect controls window

3) Adjust the clip duration and RE-ANALYZE while the effect is TOGGLED OFF still and Premiere crashes.

Happens every time. BUG Report was filled out.

(If the effect is toggled ON when you RE-ANALYZE it, everything works okay.)

So why not just not do this? Well, I usually don't but sometimes in the middle of working with hundred of clips I toggle on/off the effect to check certain things and then leave it off. If the clip is adjusted later or I come back and try to click ANALYZE again while the effect is toggled off, everything crashes.

Screen shot 2012-11-05 at 2.45.38 PM.png

That's the pop up. If Premiere doesn't allow for you to re-analyze a clip while the effect is toggled off, then the ANALYZE button should not be active or at least a popup saying "Cannot Analyze this clip while it is toggled off". Instead Premiere crashes and upon reopening the project you are forced to rename the project which fortunately is usually fully recovered.

Running 6.0.2 on a suped up 2011 27" iMac with 16gb ram and AMD 6970M 2gb video card.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2012 7:17 AM   in reply to DMH79

Slightly different results on a PC with 6.0.3 but essentially the same problem. Premiere Pro crashes. I will submit the report right away.

Capture.PNG

Doesn't even try to save the project by the way.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 8:05 PM   in reply to DMH79

Same issue here. Runing Win 7 Pro. i7 (2Gen), 16 Gb Ram, and 3 Gb NVidia GeForce GTX.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to DMH79

I know I'm piggy-backing on an old post here, but I've just had real issues with a similar thing on Mac. Unfortunately, my Premiere CS6 is crashing and becoming totally unresponsive whenever I simply apply the Warp Stabilizer. The moment I drop it on my clip, BLAM! I get that same pop up you posted. I click 'OK,' and then nothing. Just beachbal of death until I force quit. What's more annoying is that, not only has the camera operator made the stabilizer essential, but I've been using it for the past week with no issues up till now.

At first I thought I was overloading Premiere by dropping the effect onto two clips at the same time. But I tried it one at a time and had the same problem. My recovery project files seem to be ok, but that's not even nearly the point. I simply can not use a great and essential tool. Help?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points