Skip navigation
AUniqueScreenName1
Currently Being Moderated

How do I add a transition between every clip in Premiere Elements 11?

Nov 7, 2012 8:03 PM

Tags: #premiere #elements #transition #clip #every

Greetings -

Folks, I'm looking for a feature that even the cheesy old Windows Movie Maker used to have.  I'm trying to figure out how to get Premiere Elements 11 to add a transition between every clip via some shortcut/quick means.  I find it obnoxious and inefficient that I need to manually drag a transition between every clip.  If I import 200 short clips that I took with my point and shoot camera, it'll take me over an hour alone just to put the transitions in place.

Is there any way to select a transition and have Premiere Elements add it between every clip?  I've stumbled on the fact that you can click a transition and make it the "Default" but have not been able to figure out what that does for me.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 8, 2012 5:12 AM   in reply to AUniqueScreenName1

As I show you in my book, you can select all of the clips you want a transition between, right-click on the group and select Apply Default Transition and it will be applied between all of the clips.

You can set any transition to be the default by right-clicking on it in the Transitions panel.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to AUniqueScreenName1

Were you able to add your transitions as desired? I could add them but the time was set by defaul as 0 seconds and I have not been able to change that. Tips???

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to CDR0920

CDR0920 wrote:

........... but the time was set by defaul as 0 seconds and I have not been able to change that. Tips???

I think trying  Edit > Preferences > General > Video Default Transition Duration will fix it.  Mine came with 30 frames set at installation.

Bill S

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to whsprague

I will try this as I type. I really hope I can finish this project today. Thanks Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points