Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Disabling "Adobe Online Services" on Reader XI no longer removes them from the welcome screen

Nov 8, 2012 3:24 AM

Tags: #screen #reader #welcome #xi #benableacrobaths

When I disable the Adobe Online Services through the proper group policy (bEnableAcrobatHS set to 0) I still see the "Adobe Online Services" part in the welcome screen with the "Get documents signed" entry still listed. Shouldn't that policy, alsoaccording to the description in the new Customization Wizard XI", hide both of them?

Bonus question: is it an expected behavior that when you disable the online services the new "insert text, insert signature" tools in the "Sign" pane are also disabled? Those don't seem to be online-only features.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to cimichanga

It looks to me like this is a bug - maybe in the Customization Wizard, or the AcroRead.msi.

I noticed on my install that bEnableADCFileStore was set to 1.  Deleting the value entirely (or setting it to 0) removed it from the Welcome Screen and the File Menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to nzdude

I am experiencing the same issue.

The bEnableADCFileStore setting is held in the EnterpriseRegistry MSI table.  I have tried changing the value to 0 as well as deleting it.  On both occasions i still see the option as shown below. GetDigitallySigned.png

Any more ideas how this could be managed, this occurs on fresh installs as well as upgrading previous products.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 4:08 AM   in reply to Graham Beaumont

I have found that setting the following registry key removes the Sign panel and the link from the Online Features menu on application launch.  Just need to locate the setting to remove the Adobe Online Services menu from startup too now.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\cServices\ DWORD: bEnableSignPane = 0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points