Skip navigation
RoboColum(n) 5,356 posts
Oct 8, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

RH10 SharePoint integration

Nov 9, 2012 4:37 AM

I'm expecting a flood of fully formed and accurate responses to this post

I'm trying to get RoboHelp 10 and SharePoint 2007 working for a demo I'm doing to justify a budget increase next year to upgrade to RH10. My first step was to get the Resource Manager location set-up. I'm using my own SharePoint site that forms part of our corporate site. I've added a resource location changing the "http://sharepoint" to just "\\sharepoint" and changing all forward slashes to back slashes. Thanks for that heads up Willam. The location is added successfully but shows as "unable to connect to the shared location".

My thinking is that this is caused by one of the following:

• SharePoint permissions: My windows logon has full control of the document library I have set-up for the Resource Manager's use. Is there some other permission that RoboHelp needs?
  • The document library URL when viewed in Explorer View is "....personal/cmcandrew/RoboHelp%20resources/Forms/WebFldr.aspx". Note the Forms subdirectory. Is this correct?

I'm posting this mainly for the benefit of others in the future who flounder around trying to get this RH10 to SharePoint integration working. I hope any responses it gets prove useful. As an incentive, if it is I'll put a blog post together and post the link to this thread.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2012 4:46 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hi,

Did you point to the folder? You should not point to the .aspx page.

Another thing that might work: I've mapped our SP site to a network drive and simply connect the resource manager to S:\Help\Template files

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 12:46 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hi Colum,

I am not sure whether the review options is supported on SharePoint 2007. Source Control with SP only works with 2010 and the same might just be true for the review.

Another thought: Can you publish to native ASPX in 2007? That should work the same as the resource manager.

Greet,

Willam

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 4:35 AM   in reply to Willam van Weelden

Hi Willam,

Shared review workflow is supported on SharePoint 2007.

Thanks,

Aditi

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hi Colum,

Can you please confirm if you are able to access the SharePoint location (which you added as shared location in Resource Manager pod) using the windows explorer. Also, try to refresh the shared location in Resource Manager pod from its right click menu.

For the benefit of others - you can also get the windows explorer path by performing the following steps:

In the SharePoint Online document library, click the Library tab, and then in the Connect & Export group in the ribbon, click the Open with Explorer icon.

Thanks,

Aditi

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 12:57 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hi Colum,

Can you please try to access a document library in your SharePoint site using windows explorer and let us know your findings.

SharePoint location when accessed using windows explorer takes more time than usual which you can test on your machine without using RoboHelp.

Thanks,
    Aditi

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 3:47 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Hi Colum,

Please replace the colon character ":" with "@" in the shared location path so the example shared location becomes something like \\sharedpointweb@81\personal\cmcandrew\RH_Resources\

I believe this should resolve the problem you are facing. Let me know your findings.

Thanks,

Aditi

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 8:23 AM   in reply to RoboColum(n)

Colum,

Since you are not able to access the SharePoint location using windows explorer, I suggest you to contact SharePoint administrator to help you.

Thanks,

Aditi

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points