Skip navigation
755scrabblematt
Currently Being Moderated

Transfering star rating from a low res folder to a high res folder in bridge?

Nov 9, 2012 10:45 AM

I am wondering if anyone has ever needed to do this or am i the only one?

I have a folder of low res images that have been rated with stars in bridge.  I'd like to move these star ratings to another folder of CR2 files that are the exact same file names except they are CR2 and not JPEG's.

Any way to do this?

At the end of the day i have about 1500 images that have been "selected" and i want to pull these same high res images out of the 4000+ images in the high res folder.  Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks a bunch.

incase you are wondering why not just rate the high res...Shooting wirelessly to laptop, my client is making the low res images as their selects and then later i'll deliver only these as high res.

Thanks again!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to 755scrabblematt

I have never used them but explore on web Bridge metadata templates.  Here is one such site.  https://www.google.com/search?q=bridge+metadata+templates&ie=utf-8&oe= utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2012 4:32 PM   in reply to 755scrabblematt

I am wondering if anyone has ever needed to do this or am i the only one?

I recognize this question but I'm afraid that was about many other situations...

Maybe you can ask in the Adobe Bridge Scripting forum if someone has a solution for this but in my experience the time looking or learning for a solution exceeds the time then just bite the bullet and start picking them manual (and don't forget to charge the client for the hours, but you are right, it is better to have a simple solution and yet still charge hours)

I would start to select the rated files in Bridge and add a clear visible label to all the files and then drop (or copy) the lot in the HiRes folder,

Select sort order by filename (or even try date created) and just start clicking on the files next to the labeled jpeg files with holding down cmd key (on a Mac, don't know the windows but this key keeps adding only the clicked files to a selection. Every 10 or 20 files hit a rating or labeling key so you can filter those files later on in the process to only keep the wanted HiRes files in view.

When done choose the filer panel to view only CR2 and label / rating and you have the wanted selection.

Yes it takes a bit time but so does finding out a solution. If you have to deal with it more often you better try the scripting option immediately.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to 755scrabblematt

This should do it....

#target bridge   
       if( BridgeTalk.appName == "bridge" ) {  
    rateAndLabel = MenuElement.create("command", "Rate/Label CR2", "at the end of Tools");
    }
    rateAndLabel.onSelect = function () { 
    var sels = app.document.getSelection ("jpg");
    var cr2Folder= Folder.selectDialog ("Please select CR2 folder",Folder(app.document.presentationPath));
    for(var a in sels){
    var Name = decodeURI(sels[a].name).replace(/\.[^\.]+$/, '');
    var cr2File = File(cr2Folder + "/" + Name + ".cr2");
    if(!cr2File.exists) continue;
    var dest = new Thumbnail(cr2File);
    dest.rating = sels[a].rating;
    dest.label = sels[a].label;
        }
    };

|
    Mark as:

More Like This