Skip navigation
Bill Junk
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 11 Organizer need progress bar during file move

Nov 9, 2012 10:47 AM

Tags: #problem #organizer #elements #11

I've noticed that Photoshop Elements 11 organizer does not display a progress bar when a user initiates a file or folder move operation.  I've recently had the occassion to move some rather large folders, 15+ Gb of images.  After I've done the "drag and drop" from the current location to the destination location the only indication that I get is the standard Windows hour glass.  A move operation of this magnitude may take a few minutes to complete.  It is only after all the files have been moved that a dialog box with a progress bar shows up.  The bar usually goes from 0 to 100% in just a few seconds.  What I would expect to see is a progress bar displayed immediately after the "drag and drop" is performed, then updated as the files are moved.  This would give a positive indication to the uer that the operation is being performed.  As it is now, I have wondered several times whether the Organizer has crashed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 9, 2012 12:21 PM   in reply to Bill Junk

I totally agree with you on this one, Bill.

I have already criticized many times the lack of visual return of the interface in a number of cases, and PSE11 is not better in that respect. I believe a significative percentage of 'crashes', 'program freeze' and the like is due to that lack of feedback, with the consequence that the users forcibly abort the software and create disasters in their editing or organizing.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 26, 2012 3:45 AM   in reply to Bill Junk

You can enter it as a feature request, please go to the following link and fill the required details:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Harshit

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)