Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Add new text

Nov 10, 2012 2:55 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2012 2:55 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hi,

If I add new text to PDF, some reader do not show the text added. Sometime, even if I just change existing text, other people can't see what I changed.

Please note that I'm working on Acrobat Pro X with not standard font.

How can I sort this?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 4:33 AM   in reply to Daniele Dambra

How are you adding the text. There are several ways with different results. The best way, though still not ideal, is to use the text edit tool (not sure of the name in AAX). When you place the cursor, hold the ctrl key to create a new text box. The best way to edit the text is to go back to the original application and fix it there, then make a new PDF.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Bill@VT

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer.

I use to add text using Tools, content, Add or edit text box. Probably I forgot to press CTRL. Forgot to write that I'm using Mac version of Acrobat, is the same key to press?

I knew that modify the original file is the best option but unfortunatelly I don't have it, this is why my boss bought for me the acrobat.

Once the file has been saved (as PDF), the reader should just shows the file as I can see on Acrobat Isn't ? On laptop or desktop no problem but, on iPhone, some lines are missing and the words I changed are not visible.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 6:17 AM   in reply to Community Help

Using Adobe Acrobat X Pro on Mac -- adding text only allows the maximum font size to be 24 pt.  When typed on pages, this font size is about 1/2 the other.  I cannot seem to choose a font size any larger.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to James.E.SpencerEsq

That's true. If you were upgraded to Acrobat XI Pro, you could go up to 72 pt.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Daniele Dambra

Hi Daniele,

Not sure if you have already found your answer, but this video might be of some help:

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Hi,

Thanks for the video! That is actually what I use to do. (Acrobat X)

I've notice other strange differents between my files. If I copy one file to work and change sentences but keeping just in case the original file, the one I'm using for the changes, once open with iPhone is already missing some sentences!BUT I HAVEN'T TOUCH ANYTHING YET!!! How can be possible?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to Daniele Dambra

Could you clarify what your problem is, I'm not sure what you are asking.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Hi Alec,

The problem is when I amend PDF, me and colleague, are not able to see what I changed.

This appens more often on mobile devices.

Do you have an idea about what am I doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to Alec Molloy

Hi Alec,

Here is probably more clear:

This is what I'm doing, has been added the first row "Preparation manual" and Broadstairs (laptop screen shot)

Senza titolo.png

This is what i can see if i move the file after my changes on my iPhone. (iPhone screen shot)

1.png

Why some changes remain and other disappear? This also happen if I add photos as stamps, I can see on laptop (even my colleagues) but once we move on our mobile, some changes are gone! As agents we move frequently abroad and we need to see on mobile as well.

Do you know anything I can do to fix this?

Message was edited by: Daniele Dambra

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points