Skip navigation
Allen Togwell
Currently Being Moderated

Need to reset brush tools

Nov 10, 2012 1:53 PM

I have photoshop CS6. The eraser and brush tool is not working properly. I get a small dot on the page irrespective of the size of the eraser or brush that I select. Also I'm not sure if this is a feature of CS6. I've produced a graphic that involves a large number of layers, on past versions of photoshop if I needed to edit a layer I would select that layer and go to it on the page and edit it. On CS6 after I select the layer when I put my curser anywhere on the page it would automatically select the layer that I am touching, which is similar to Coral Draw or Illustrator. Is this correct?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 10, 2012 11:19 AM   in reply to Allen Togwell

Best to post this in the Photoshop forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to John Waller

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to Allen Togwell

Allen Togwell wrote:

I have photoshop CS6. The eraser and brush tool is not working properly.

Try resetting each problem tool by right-clicking where indicated by the red arrow and picking "Reset Tool" (or "Reset All Tools" for every Photoshop tool).

reset.png

On CS6 after I select the layer when I put my curser anywhere on the page it would automatically select the layer that I am touching

I guess you need to disable Auto-Select in Options bar when Move Tool is activated. Also, holding down Cmd/Ctrl key will temporarily invert that setting (although the checkbox status will not change).

Screen shot 2012-11-10 at 21.46.54.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points