Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What code signing certificate has to be added for Adobe Air Native Installer?

Nov 11, 2012 2:33 AM

Tags: #adobe #godaddy #.exe #adobe_air #native_installer #symantec #digital_certificate #digital_certificates #air_native_extensions #air_native_extension #code_signing #code_signing_certificate #thawte #comodo #tucows #.dmg

Hi,

I'm developing Adobe Air application. I need to digitally verify the application to add the publisher's name with the product. I did a little research and came to know that Symantec, Thawte, Comodo, Comodo-Tucows, Digicert, Godaddy and couple of others are doing this.

Yes. I'm talking about the Code Signing Certificate. My question is, What code signing certificate has to be added for Adobe Air Native Installer? The reason is, The native installer will have an extension .exe ( Windows ) and .dmg ( MAC OS X ).

These guys are providing certificate for Adobe Air. For instance, If the application is exported using Native Installer in Windows, The application will have an .exe extension. For this, Can I use the same Adobe Air code signing certificate or Should I go for Microsoft Autheticode ( for .exe ) certificate?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points