Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe CS6 weird R3D issues

Nov 11, 2012 5:59 AM

Hi,

I have been working on a project with native R3D files for a couple of months. I haven’t it touched the project for a couple weeks; the computer and drive were turned off and disconnected properly. No files were moved, drive letter and paths all still the same.  

However, now when I load the project a few weird things happen:   

1. It says it loads all media, yet when I play the timelime it indicates half my R3D files are offline.
  2. When I load the project, it does NOT prompt me that I have offline files and to reconnect them.
  3. When I try to reconnect the R3Ds manually premiere gives me “Unsupported of Damaged File” error. The files play back fine in RedCine X.

On Win 7 64bit, never had a problem before

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 4, 2013 5:00 PM   in reply to Joe Riggs

This is usually the result of a bad cache.  Try this.

1. Open a new, empty PP project.

2. Go to Preferences>Media... and take note of where your Media Cache files are stored.

3. Below that, Clean the Media Cache Database.

4. Close PP and use Explorer or Finder to delete the Cache files you located in step 2.

5. Reopen your project, and wait for new cache files to be built.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2013 10:11 PM   in reply to Joe Riggs

It happened to me as well, several times.

It is a REDimporter problem.

Once I solved the problem by going back to an older version of the REDimporter, but that happened on a CS5.5 version. CS6 seems to have several problems with R3D media, and I can only wish you good luck.

It is a random issue and it seems to appear and disappear without a real reason.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points