Skip navigation
holdthatmayo
Currently Being Moderated

Incompatibe Display Driver

Nov 11, 2012 5:43 AM

Tags: #display #driver

Totally out of the blue, I started getting the message

"we detected an incompatible display driver, to get a better and faster playback, please update your display driver. Display driver details:Intel HD Graphics 2.1.0- Build 8.15.10.2119"

every time I  open  up Premiere Elements 10. I can not see any video in the display window.  It's just completely grey even though I can see a  picture on  the scenelineewithin each individual clip. I even experience this same problem on oler projects.  Also, during playback, I can hear the audio playing, just no video.

I reserached this message on the forum and it seems that the recommmended driver update does not resolve the issue, which makes sense cause it does not seem like anyoe, including myself, made any driver changes to cause this error in the first place. So I tried the forum  recommmednation of restoring my windows 7 to an older date, prior to this issue.  Unfortunately that did not help. Next, I was going to delete the file bad_drivers.txt as per previous forum messages but that does not seem to exist in my system.  I a using windows 7 and I can not find any folder callled "Program Data" where that is supposed to live.

Does anyonne have any recommnedationns for next steps. On possibly a related note, for days prior to this issue, I was experiencing poor performance on my placyback withinn Premiere 10.  The video was playing very choppy, even though it was fully rendered. ( it was acting like it was not rendered but it really was. ) This made editing very problematic. (although I could atleast see the video at this juncture) I am wondering if I can update my display driver to something that could not only fix the main issue of the video not appearing but also deliver a smoother playback performance.  That would be awesome. I have not tried that step yet cause I don't have a good udnerstanding of how and which type of driver to update.  Plus I got discouraged  reading onn the forum that such a recommmended step did not resolve the issue.

Thanks everryone in advance for reading this and providing any feedback!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2012 6:05 AM   in reply to holdthatmayo

Although this first crept up in version, it's well worth applying the same steps in version 10. This is from the FAQs library to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303?tstart=0

I also recommend manually going to Windows Update and ensuring you have the non-critical  updates (which don't install automatically) as well as the automatic updates. Many of these non-critical updates include important drivers and system updates that are important to Premiere Elements' functionality.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 10:05 AM   in reply to holdthatmayo

You go to the vendor web site that is appropriate to your brand and model graphics adapter... so, what is your brand/model card?

You USUALLY do not need to uninstall a driver, you just download the newer driver to your hard drive and run the EXE

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 6:35 PM   in reply to holdthatmayo

Having a video driver go "obsolete," is seldom due to anything that a user does. It is most often caused by an OS update, and that is why ATI/AMD and nVidia issue drivers about once per month.

I think that others have addressed the steps to take.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to holdthatmayo

>Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

That would mean you go to Intel to try and find a newer driver

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to holdthatmayo

holdthatmayo wrote:

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics

This is the place to go: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

holdthatmayo wrote:

Current Display mode- 1366x768(32 bit) (60hx)

That's an unusual display mode. Is it the native resolution of the screen? (i.e. does it exactly match the actual number of pixels on your display?).

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to nealeh

I had a similar problem with the ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Display Driver. When I looked at the "About" for the Catalyst Control Center, it told me that it was a .net framework-based application. Then I remembered that I had applied the windows update for the .net framework at about the time the problem appeared and that Susan Bradley of Windows Secrets had mentioned that updating the .net framework can cause problems with some applications. So I uninstalled those updates, and now APE 11 works fine. I uninstalled KB 2737019, KB 2729449, and 2742595.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 2:56 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

My HP 530 has an updated Mobile Intel 945 Family Express Chipset. driver installed.  I'm having the same troubles with Premiere Elements 10. Is this a video card that should also be 'rolled back' like the comments below? I'm fit to be tied trying to edit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points