Skip navigation
46baby
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with Photoshop Elements

Nov 12, 2012 11:41 AM

I just chated with Rahul about my photoshop nine problem of the editor not working in windows.  He sent me to the forum and support pages but connot find the answer to my problem.  Can you help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to 46baby

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Elements forum.  What type of difficulties are you having with Photoshop Elements?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

What is the problem that you are facing with elements

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 1:06 PM   in reply to 46baby

The editor saved prefs often get corrupted. You may need to rebuild the editor preferences to resolve any conflicts. Close Elements then:

Hold down the Ctrl+Shift+Alt keys and simultaneously click on the Edit button on the welcome screen. Release the three keys and look behind the welcome screen by closing it. Or hold down the keys whilst clicking on the desktop icon for the Editor or PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe in the Programs folder. Keep holding down all three keys until you get the settings option.

You should see a pop up box with the words: Delete Adobe Photoshop Elements Settings File?

Click on Yes

Then wait whilst Elements rebuilds the preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to 46baby

Hi,

Please try couple of probable solutions as mentioned below:

Solution 1:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

Solution 2: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.

Solution 3: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.

Solution 4:

On the drive on which you have installed PSE,on my machine it is on C:

Go  to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements  10\Locales\<locale>\Plug-Ins\Import-Exportand you will find twain  plug-in. Remove that plug-in from that location and copy it somewhere  else.

Now launch PSE and check if it works.

For related post for Twain please see this:http://forums.adobe.com/message/2954743#2954743

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points