Skip navigation
phorning12
Currently Being Moderated

Changing "Save As" Location

Nov 12, 2012 2:42 PM

Tags: #save_as

We recently installed Adobe Acrobat XI Pro on Windows 7.  When our user saves a file using "save as" it is defaulting to the last location he saved a file, not the folder he is working from.  Is there a way to change this, I cannot find anything in the help or under preferences.  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to phorning12

I am using Acrobat X Pro on Windows 7 and see similar behavior.  I noticed the Save As folder location changes based on how the pdf is opened.  For example, if you open it by double clicking the filename in a windows explorer window, do a file open from within Acrobat or click a web link the Save As location is the same location as the file. However, if I open the pdf via a Hyperlink Address tied to a button in MS Access 2010, the Save As folder location is not where the file is located.  It is the last save location.  I need to figure out how to get the Save As folder location to be the same as where the file is actually located via opening the pdf from MS Access.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to phorning12

I have pointed this issue out to technical support. It also crops up when a digital signature is applied to a document.

It took some convincing for them to agree there is a problem. At first, they said it was the expected behaviour.

No word yet as to when a fix will be released.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points