Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge won't save metadata for .mov files

Nov 12, 2012 2:45 PM

Tags: #problem #help #bridge_cs5 #metadata

Hi.

I could be trying to do something that Bridge can't do (though I have read that it should). I am trying to add metadata to .mov files. Bridge allows me to enter the text both under 'File info' and in the Metadada IPTC Core fields, however when I 'apply' or click OK they don't save.

Well, in the IPTC Core when I click 'apply' they are there until I select another file then go back and they aren't.

I am using Bridge CS5 on a PC with XP.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 12, 2012 4:57 PM   in reply to kirstyLBL

Sometimes this can be a permisson problem, especially if using an external drive.  Start Bridge with a right click and choose "run as administrator".  If it works this way it is a permission problem in the OS.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 6:39 PM   in reply to kirstyLBL

Some have found they can add metadata to mov files and others by right clicking on image and selecting purge cache for selection.

Can you try this a report back?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 7:19 PM   in reply to kirstyLBL

Does it make any difference if you use Tools/cache/purge cache for xxx folder?  If you have "export cache to folders" enabled you really have 2 cache locations and only the Tools options will purge the second cache.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 7:40 PM   in reply to kirstyLBL

Do you have export cache enabled, or just clearing the cache in the whole folder do the trick?  Always nice to know for the next person reading this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points