Skip navigation
MountainWolfFilms
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere pro cs6 Nvidia display driver crashes during export

Nov 12, 2012 8:32 PM

Hello, I'm exporting a project in premiere pro cs6 and every time I try to export, my Nvidia graphics card crashes before it can finish!!!! It will get to a certain point in the export, then it will freeze and I will get a message that says "your nvidia display driver has stopped responding and needs to close the program" And premiere pro crashes. This is EXTREMELY annoying ecspecially since I'm on a deadline. Here are the specs of my system

Im running production premium cs6 on a dell XPS studio 9000 with:

6 gB of RAM

Intel Core i7 920 2.67 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 with 1000MB of video memory

If anyone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it please let me know!!!

This is the first time this has happened! It has worked fine in the past but on this particular project I CANNOT export using Mercury Playback GPU acceleration because my Nvidia keeps crashing!!! And if I export using Mercury playback software only it will take over 50 minutes to export!!!!!!! If I could use the GPU it would only take a little over 6 minutes!!!!

I'm not overclocking anything the only thing being modified is the card's fan speed with MSI Afterburner.

I've tried pre rendering the timeline but it crashes during that as well. I also checked nvidia.com and I already have the latest drivers.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 3:07 AM   in reply to MountainWolfFilms

Could be that the GPU is overheating during the process and thermal protection kicks in. Or your drivers are out of date.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to MountainWolfFilms

>Nvidia GeForce GTS 240

I don't know about that specific card, but I have read that many/most PPro users have had to update their nVidia drivers when using CS6

What is your driver version, and have you gone to the nVidia site to check for an update?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 1:36 PM   in reply to MountainWolfFilms

>have the latest nvidia drivers

Well... that actually MAY be the problem, according to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1084197

Your is not a model 285, but is IS an older model that may not work properly with the latest driver

Try version 296.10

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points