• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Doc Signing disabled in adobe reader but enabled in Acrobat Pro X1

Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have used Acrobat Pro X1 Trial to create a PDF document with a Signature field.  When I view the Properties and Security of the doc I can see that Signing - Is Allowed.

When I open the same document in Adobe Reader X the document security properties allow form fill & printing but not signing.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/acrobat-x/how-to-digitally-sign-a-document-with-adobe-reader/ 

This tutorial shows how to change settings using Acrobat Pro 10.  The same File Save As options are not available in X1.  Am I missing something in Acrobat Pro X1?

Your help would be very much appreaciated!!

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

There are a couple of things at play here.

First, adding a digital signature is always allowed in Acrobat, but only allowed in Reader if the PDF file has been Reader enabled for signing. To use Acrobat XI to Reader Enable a PDF file for signing you would:

• Select the File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools menu item
  • Click the Save Now button on the Enable Usage Rights in Adobe Reader dialog
  • Select a file name and location, and then click the Save button on the Save As dialog

That would allow the file to be signed when opened in Reader.

However, I did mention that there are two items of consideration. If you are using a Pre-release (beta) version of Acrobat then signing will not work in a release version of Acrobat or Reader. When you said you are using a "trial" version I just want to make sure you mean the released version of Acrobat XI being run under the trial license where you don't have a serial number as opposed to a beta version that made available prior to the release date.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

I am using Acrobat XI Pro Trial not Beta and I found that the option "Enable More Tools" is greyed out (disabled) if Editing the PDF in "Edit Form Fields" mode.  It is available if you are Content Editing.

Thanks for you help,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines