Skip navigation
Ben Paddock
Currently Being Moderated

Flash CS6: Objects always go to back

Nov 13, 2012 5:18 AM

Tags: #problem #layers #brush_tool #flash_cs6 #send_to_front

I'm having an annoying problem in Abode Flash CS6. When I draw something with the brush tool, whether it's an object or a drawing, it automatically goes to the back of the stage, and no matter what layer it's on, or where on the stage I draw it, I can't bring it to the front with Ctrl+Shift+Up Arrow, unless I convert it to a symbol, but since I'm a frame by frame animator, I don't want to have to do this every time I want to solve this problem.

Okay, so now the problem seems to have gone away, but it does come back every so often. Is it just a setting I inadvertently turn on? Can someone explain to me what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

-Ben

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to Ben Paddock

Moved to the Flash Pro forum. They will be able to help you here.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to Ben Paddock

What OS?

Can you try rebuilding your application preferences by closing Flash, restarting it and as soon as you click to start it hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT. It will ask you to rebuild the preferences. See if that helps you.

Aside that do you have an excessive (20+?) amount of shapes all on the same layer?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 6:52 AM   in reply to Ben Paddock

By deselecting (clicking the background) you focus it. That'll set where you draw if anything else is on the same layer but layer order should be absolute. If you're on a layer above other shapes and somehow what you draw is appearing below layers that are under you, that's a real issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points