Skip navigation
Arnaud1106
Currently Being Moderated

Purchasing PSE11 Editor on the Mac App Store

Nov 13, 2012 7:14 AM

Tags: #app_store #photoshop_elements_11

Hi everyone,

I just saw that PSE11 isn't available on the Mac App Store. As the PSE10 Editor is available for a while, I hope that PSE11 Editor will be released shortly on this store...

Do you have any information about an availability date on the Mac App Store ?

Thanks,

Arnaud.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

Why do you want to buy it from the App Store as opposed to getting it out of a box? If you don't want to use the organizer (which I like more then Iphoto) you can still use Iphoto and the editor. Guess I don't see the advantage of getting it from the App Store.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,806 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 13, 2012 7:45 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

Not sure when the app will be available but I would recommend getting the download from Adobe as it comes with the integrated Organizer and you get more options, such as the ability to add actions and plug-ins.

You can try free for 30 days here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements &loc=us

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,806 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 13, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

Sorry I don’t know but sometimes the Adobe staff drop by. They may have a better idea.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

I would expect to see it fairly soon, but I don't know when exactly.

Also, the ability to add stuff shouldn't be such a problem this time (unless there's a new bug, of course), since the whole mediadatabase thing is so much less relevant in PSE 11 with the actions panel and the new menu way to add styles and such.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 4:22 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

Adobe hasn't come up with any date till now.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to Arnaud1106

If your Mac still allows installing software from a DVD or a downloaded package, then it might be wise to go that route, buying directly from Adobe.  The Elements download on the App Store seemed to have issues.  Maybe someone with a Mac will correct me, but if I remember, there was a difference between how Apple wants its store to work and how Adobe wishes it did.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to ssprengel

Yes, that's a valid point. As of now, installing updates like the updates to the raw converter has been very difficult.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2013 4:43 AM   in reply to Arnaud1106

Hi,

Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor is now available on Mac App Store to download. It is Editor only and does not have Organizer similar to PSE 10 Editor on Mac App Store.

Some key points are here - http://blogs.adobe.com/pselements/adobe-photoshop-elements-11-editor-a vailable-on-mac-app-store/

Photoshop Elements Editor.png

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points