Skip navigation
donttouchitproductions
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Import After Effects Composition into Premiere CS5.5.

Nov 13, 2012 3:25 PM

So here's my issue:

I made an After Effects Project and I'm using Dynamic Link to bring it over into Premiere.  My project, and all of its compositions are fine. But, I recently created a new composition and created my animation on it or whatever. Now, when I go to import it to Premiere, its not there. I've saved, I've tried precomposing, and it lets me import other compositions from that very same After Effects Project. I've saved it, I've closed and reopened both premiere and after effects, I've restarted my computer. And please, oh please. Don't tell me I need to reinstall all of my programs. I get that answer all too often.

Extra Details:

I noticed that my composition (inside After Effects) is open and editable at the bottom of the screen. But, in the "bin area" or whatever it's called, my composition isn't listed there after I created it and did all this work and I believe Dynamic Link is using that list to import the project over to Premiere. So how would I get it to show up on that list?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 12:05 PM   in reply to donttouchitproductions

I rarely use Dynamic Link, but it sounds like it works like an Illustrator or Photoshop document imported into AE.

If you import either kind of document into AE, you can animate the layers.  But if you decide later to add a layer to the document, you won't find the new layer in your AE project.  You have to import another instance of the document into AE, then mess around with replacing old layers with new ones, eventually adding the new layer to the AE comp.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2012 11:45 PM   in reply to donttouchitproductions

Not sure what you are saying. If there is no comp in the project window (or "bin area" in your words), it doesn't exist - short of perhaps having hidden in one of the folders there. Clarify what exactly you are doing. Also screenshots of your respecive windows and import dialogs might help (attach them using the camera icon).  And finally, do provide some system info, what footage types you use, comp settings, sequence settings in Premiere and so on. The weirdest things can influence this stuff from some bad comp naming to hard technical issues anything is possible.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points