Skip navigation
DonJohnston
Currently Being Moderated

How do I divide windows horizontally

Nov 13, 2012 1:10 PM

I want to reorganize my panel windows in a customized workspace (Bridge CS 6). Presently I have a vertical window occupying the left 1/3 and it is split horizontally to include filter and folders above and metadata below. Beside this window I placed another vertical window containing preview and keywords. I would like to split this window horizontally too. Beside these windows is my content window which occupies the remaining 1/2 of the Bridge workspace. Can I divide more than one vertical window horiziontally?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 13, 2012 2:08 PM   in reply to DonJohnston

Can I divide two vertical windows horiziontally?

You can have a max of 3 vertical windows and several horizontal dividers (did not try if a max was in here).

It takes a bit practice but if you grab a panel by the tab you can drag it to a new location. If you have currently 2 vertical panels you can move your mouse between the 2 vertical borders and wait for a vertical blue line to appear, then let go of the mouse and the panel is situated in between.

To divide the panels horizontal do the same as before but wait for a horizontal line and then let go.

If you drag the tab over an other tab a blue surrounding border will appear and this places the panel as a tab in the existing location. You can also drag tabs left or right to change the order of those tabs. If you are happy be sure to save the new workspace using the triangle at the top left to the search window and choose new workspace. You can always revert to this saved workspace.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 14, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to DonJohnston

Is this text wrapping still possible?

If you place your cursor in between both titles and fields you can increase or decrease the size of the columns albeit it I don't know a way to change the alignment  to end or begin right or left.

You can also select which metadata items you want to show or not using the Bridge preferences Metadata tab, including the option to hide empty fields.

And is there a particular reason you use the legacy IPTC instead of the Core IPTC?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Nov 14, 2012 2:19 PM   in reply to DonJohnston

I find legacy a bit simpler to look at when I am filling in keywords and descriptions etc.

Hence I deselected almost every field in IPTC and only show the fields I have to alter myself, one click with the mouse to select, then tab to change field

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points