Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat won't stay open

Nov 13, 2012 3:02 PM

When I start acrobat or open a PDF file it opens for a few seconds, closes and the Adobe Software License Agreement opens, I click on Accept, Acrobat opens for a few seconds and the Adobe Software License Agreement opens again...this just happens over and over.

Any ideas??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 12:38 AM   in reply to SeanJM1960

Which version of Acrobat are you using, What is your operating system?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to PankhriS

I am having the same issue. I just downloaded the Creative Cloud Suite and am on a brand new Mac Book Pro. I am able to view the PDF that I am trying to view for a couple seconds and then the screen shows up (see attached screen capture). I select agree but nothing happens, so I select quit and it closes the entire application. Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 7.41.03 AM.png

Like stated above... this happens over and over. I need to resolve this quickly as I use acrobat all the time for my clients.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to Cjnuernb

Similar issue have been reported at

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4465757

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 2:59 AM   in reply to Cjnuernb

For Acrobat, the blank EULA screen is a known issue:

Fix described here: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-xi-reader.html (see Blank EULA screen)

"Blank EULA screen. Problem: Mac OS only. On launch, a blank EULA screen appears, which cannot be accepted, and Acrobat does not run. This problem can appear if you have any products installed from CCM or from Creative Suite, and you tried installing Acrobat XI from a different source.

Workaround: Launch any other product which is part of the CCM or Creative suite. Then, deactivate it by choosing Help > Deactivate. Quit the application. Then, launch Acrobat and accept the EULA. Then, for the CCM subscription product, launch it and select License This Software to enable the CCM product again. If a CS application, launch it and reactivate it. [3338419]"

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points