• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error when opening PowerPoint related to Data Execution Prevention Mode

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing an error when attempting to open a PowerPoint file. . Here is the full message: "powerPoint is experiencing a serious problem with PowerPoint com add in. This add-in is incompatible with Data Protection Execution Mode and should be disabled or upgraded to the latest version. Do you wish to disable?" I am using PowerPoint 2010 and Adobe Presenter version 8.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

I think I have this problem fixed.  After another few Adobe calls, the person asked me to have my IT log in as a local admin and not on the domain... sure enought, I did not get the run-time error and can navigate in and out without issue.  From there, my IT guy renamed my temporary files... and it seemed to work... fix here:

http://bbfaq.clemson.edu/questions/63/Error%3A+PowerPoint+Experienced+a+serious+problem+with+the+Adobe+Presenter+add-in

Early on, I did have suceess with Adobe support emptyi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does this error come all the time? Can you tell us the steps you performed in Presenter 8 before you received this error.

Please let us know if there is a specific workflow after which you get this error? We would try to work with you and solve this error for you.

Regards,

Mukul

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not seem to have a pattern. It does not occur all the time. This is the first time I had this occur. One other user had this occur last week but with Presenter 6 and PowerPoint 2010. Unfortunately she hit Yes and it inactivated the Presenter add in to PowerPoint and we could not get it reactivated. I am seeing random cases of this occurring with other users. There does not seem to be a pattern. I tried to open the same file this morning, save it and do other work with and the problem did not occur.

If I get any more information today, I will do an update.

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Microsoft's Data Execution Prevention software is blocking the execution of the Presenter 8 add-in. In Windows 7 control panel there is a setting to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" Then you need to find and select the executible for the software you want to have not scanned and potentially blocked. My issue is that I don't know the name of the presenter executible. There are loads of executables in the Adobe Presenter 8 folder under Program Files (x86). Which one do I chose to insert in this list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An answer to this question would be good. This might be the solution for a lot of Presenter/PowerPoint issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a patch sent to me in an IM session. Makul, can you get the patch and post it on this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An official Adobe patch for Presenter? So, like, Presenter 8.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Presenter 8.0.1. I believe that it was a patch to that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -- I would be interested in a resolution to this as well.  I am having the same exact issue, and so are others around my company since we upgraded to Presenter 8 in the past month... I am not sure of that exectuable file name either to be able to disable DEP for it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All updates for Presenter are available here, along with documentation and help.

http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see our issue posted in this list and the patch to 8.0.1 that I applied did not resolve the issue. Still having this problem. It is causing Presenter users to disable their Presenter Add in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jorma -- I actually have the most up to date Presenter files.  I am going to log another case with Adobe Support with this info and see if I can get it  resolved.  I have to - I have a whole education program waiting to be launched, but is being held up because I cannot edit or publish my files.  This has been the longest month of my life.

NWNITT49, Thanks for info - I will post back here if I have any luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can, I would call Adobe Support at 800-945-9120 and see if they can help resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did call support. They had me install the patch and that did not fix it. I guess I call again.

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've continually experience the same issues. I have updated to Presenter 8.02.

If I open a project by double-clicking the .pptx file I get the following error message:

"Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)

SlideShowWindow (unknown member) :Invalid request. Automation rights are not granted."

If I then enter the Presenter tab and click an option (for instance "Settings") Powerpoint crashes and restarts itself. Once restarted the following error message is presented:

"PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com adding' add-in. This add-in is incompatible with Data Execution Prevention mode and should be disabled or upgraded to the latest version. Do you wish to disable this add-in from loading?"

I can often crash Powerpoint with the same DEP warning by closing the presentation with the window's "X" button - Powerpoint restarts itself and gives the same DEP warning as above.

I normally choose to not disable and continue working. If I then go to "Settings" in Presenter again, it will open without problem. It seems that after four to six occurences like this, Presenter will then be disabled by Powerpoint and require resetting in the File-Options-Addins section.

Alternately, if I open Powerpoint first and then open my project through the File-Open or Recent Presentations list I do not get the Run-time error mentioned above and usually can open a Presenter option ("Settings") without crashing Powerpoint. I can also close the project without incedent if I use the File-Close menu as opposed the the "X" button.

I am running Win 7 64bit, Powerpoint 2010 32bit with Presenter 8.02.

Sincerely hoping support is continuing to monitor these threads, as this one was started in November without much response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gdffbz51 - yes, you are describing what happens to me exactly... I get the run-time error as well - although, I believe that I have 32-bit build - my system type is X86-based PC - but I also have PPT 2010 and Presenter 8.02.  I have updated my case with Adobe and have referenced this string for them in my case update.  I am going to try and work today by using only file open and close like you have referenced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have this problem fixed.  After another few Adobe calls, the person asked me to have my IT log in as a local admin and not on the domain... sure enought, I did not get the run-time error and can navigate in and out without issue.  From there, my IT guy renamed my temporary files... and it seemed to work... fix here:

http://bbfaq.clemson.edu/questions/63/Error%3A+PowerPoint+Experienced+a+serious+problem+with+the+Ado...

Early on, I did have suceess with Adobe support emptying my temporary files, and I was doing that daily... guessing that may be the root of this issue somehow.  I hope this fix continues to work for me and it works for some of you that have been having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch... SMackowiak. I will give this a try and let you know how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did resolve the 2 issues I was having. Thanks for finding this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just bought Adobe Presenter 8 (32 bits version) to run it on Windows 8 64bits, with Office 2013 32bits. Video Creator works fine, but I cannot get Adobe Presenter 8 to start.

In PowerPoint 2013, I see that the Add-In is disabled, because of an issue with DEP:

adobe_presenter_8.dep.jpg

I tried to deactivated DEP for "MenuLauncher.dll", but Windows 8 denied it (it said that MenuLauncher.dll required DEP). I tried also the solution above, but I do not have the same temporary folders anywhere.

According to the tech specs, http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/tech-specs.html, Presenter 8 is supported on Windows 8 and Office 2013 32 bits:

adobe_presenter_8.tech.jpg

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried in the Add-ins screen  under the :Manage" window at the bottom select the Disabled Items selection, the click "Go" and disabled add-ins will show.  Highlight the Presenter Add-in and click on Enable. show.  Highlight the Presenter Add-in and click on Enable. This will reable your add-in but will not resolve the issue with the message that causes people to disable the add-in. See the recommendation above several posts that gives a solution that seems to work.

.Disabled Items.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources