Skip navigation
heathann9
Currently Being Moderated

Windows 8 upgrade problems with CS5

Nov 13, 2012 10:01 PM

I upgraded to windows 8 and no I can't view images in CS5.  The photos load (I see the image name and the image thumbnail in the layers pallet). but there is no picture to edit.  It is like it is invisible.  I have uninstalled and re-installed twice now and done all the updates.  Microsoft keeps telling me they are compatible, but I can't figure out why I can't see pictures.  Here is a screenshot.  You can see the image background layer in the layers pallet, and I can even do adjustment layers.  My image information is on the top left, but as you can see, no image!  I'm at a loss.....

ETA: I guess my screen shot didn't work so I'll try uploadting an image...

Untitled-2.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 2:19 PM   in reply to heathann9

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 4:05 PM   in reply to heathann9

It's a new OS, and the drivers are not yet all right.

Try going into Edit - Preferences - Performance, then pressing the [Advanced] button and changing the GPU mode to Basic.  Make sure to close and restart Photoshop to test.

If that doesn't work, try disabling OpenGL Drawing entirely (again, close and restart).  This could be an interim fix until new drivers are available.

Make sure to check for new drivers at the web site of the company that makes your video card.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points