Skip navigation
geotodd
Currently Being Moderated

re elements 11

Nov 14, 2012 1:12 AM

Since intalling windows 8 I've lost the use of elements 11 editor, organizer works ok but the editor loads to the workspace but is not responsive, will not turn off and nothing is responding,

to get it going I need to re install and it will run till I shut down and restart my pc, anyone have an answer ??

thanks Geo

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to geotodd

Hi,

Before shutting down your PC, can you please check Task Manager for any instance of PSE Editor that might be running as a background process?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 15, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to geotodd

Hi Geo

When Elements misbehaves it sometimes helps to automatically re-build the saved prefs. From the Editor menu click:

Edit >> Preferences >> General

Click the button “Reset Preferences on next launch” Then close Elements and re-launch.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Nov 24, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to geotodd

Navigate to the application PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and right-click on it and make a desktop shortcut. Then try launching from the desktop by right-clicking your new icon and choosing “Run as Administrator”

editor11.png

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to geotodd

Please try couple of probable solutions as mentioned below:

Solution 1:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

Solution 2: In case any network printer is attached try to launch without network or printer uninstall or make different printer as default.

Solution 3: Try launching with anti-virus off or removing PSE from conflicting list.

Solution 4:

On the drive on which you have installed PSE,on my machine it is on C:

Go  to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements  11\Locales\<locale>\Plug-Ins\Import-Exportand you will find twain  plug-in. Remove that plug-in from that location and copy it somewhere  else.

Now launch PSE and check if it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2012 1:14 AM   in reply to geotodd

Really glad to hear that.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status