Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FM 10 keyboard shortcuts: clear format overrides

Nov 14, 2012 4:58 AM

Tags: #keyboard_shortcuts

I'm so pleased to be back … FM is one of the platforms available at my new workplace, and I hope (of course) to introduce the tried and trusted FM/Acrobat workflow I've been used to elsewhere.

That aside, my first FM 10 question: the "clear overrides" shortcut – esc, o,c,m, was it? – seems to have been hijacked for content management options. Any hints on where how to access this function would be welcome, now I'm tidying up existing documents. Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • RoboColum(n)
    5,356 posts
    Oct 8, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 6:32 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Hi Niels.

In FM10 this has been replaced by an option in the Find and Replace dialog. Check out the Overrides section at this link:

http://www.scriptorium.com/2011/01/framemaker-10-review/#high_4

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 21, 2012 9:20 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Niels,

Klaus Daube has a list of commands (FM11, but it will apply to FM10 as well) at http://daube.ch/docu/files/etb-fm11-commands.pdf

Scott Prentice has a great utility ListShortcuts (http://leximation.com/tools/info/listshortcuts.php) that creates a document in table form showing all the FM commands and associated shortcuts in the currently installed version of FM.

There also are summary tables of most of the common shortcuts in the online & PDF documentation for FM10.

Unfortuantely, the esc o c p shortcut has been defined twice (bad Adobe, bad! - doesn't anybody QC these files???) in the \fminit\configui\cmds.cfg with the later one being the CMSPrefrence command. To get back the original CharacterDefaultPgfFont operation, simply comment out the section (or change the Key sequence definition):

<Command CMSPreference

<Label Preferences...>

<KeySequence \!ocp>

<Definition \x804>

<Mode All>>

located near the end of the cmds.cfg file (starts at line 4394 in my version) by placing a semi-colon in the first column of each "commented" line.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

"Delete stack message"

Are you referring to the Undo History messages? You can set this in your File > Preferences > Alert Strings... by turning off the "Show warnings while clearing history" option.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 6:44 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Have you tried the operation with format names that have no special characters like "!" and ":"?

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices    

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 9:50 AM   in reply to Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Niels,

The Find/Change approach looks for overrides only, not tags (either defined in the catalog or not) to remove.

I tried your approach (tagged some characerts and then made a manual override elsewhere in the same paragraph) using a custom character tag (!mytag) and that worked properly (the override disappeared) in my version of FM11, i.e. the special characters do not affect the behaviour.

Why not simply delete the empty paragraph...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points