Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Do keywords follow photos in export to PS & on into web albums?

Nov 14, 2012 12:53 PM

Just returned from 3 month trip and am beginning to organize and assign keywords for about 10,000 images using LR for the first time (4.2). I did not assign keywords during import along the way.

Ultimately after pp, these images will go into albums on my PBase site, where I want keywords assigned to help with search engine placement. They will go from Collections in LR, be exported for work in Photoshop and then be saved into folders to be uploaded to the website. Will keywords I assign now accompany each image along that process so I don't have to re-do it when I upload to PBase?

I will appreciate any links to useful explanations of how this process works. (I did a search and have seen some keyword articles, but none address this specific issue re: web albums).

Thanks,

Karen

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to kkm9

In the Lightroom Export dialog box, you can globally tell LR to export keywords (or not, your choice). It actually is in the Metadata section of the LR Export dialog box, you would probably want to select "All".

Individual keywords can be set up to be exported, or not. This happens when you create the keyword, you can check (or uncheck) "Include on Export".

Done properly, as explained above, the keywords appear in your exported photo, and should be recognized by any photographic application or photographic web site.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points