Skip navigation
Images by Jeanne
Currently Being Moderated

I have multiple images in my organizer that i do not want

Nov 14, 2012 2:22 PM

I have multiple duplicates of images in my organizer , how can i get rid of them , how can i prevent thsi from happening in the future???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 12:32 AM   in reply to Images by Jeanne

To search for duplicates :

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/photoshop-elements-faq.htm#_Find_a nd_delete

Avoiding duplicates:

Only you can tell the reasons, but a few questions might help:

- how do you import your pictures in the catalog : via the downloader, from camera, from card reader ?

- Do you use 'watched folders' ?

- Do you use face recognition ?

- Do you frequently export files for different projects ?

- Do you work with other external softwares such as video or slideshow editors ?

- If you work with the downloader, did you check the option to ignore already imported files ?

- Do the duplicates have the same file name in different folders, or slightly different names in the same folder ?

- Are the duplicate the same size or is one of them of very different size ?

Can you compare duplicates to see in which folder they are ? That might give you a hint about how they were produced ?

Also, which PSE and OS version ?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 4:43 AM   in reply to Images by Jeanne

Are you using the auto-fix options from Organizer. If so elements automatically creates a duplicate and places it in a version set next to the original. You would need to tidy up afterwards if you only wish to keep a single copy. Otherwise use Full Edit (Expert Mode in PSE11) and save by overwriting your original.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 4:53 AM   in reply to 99jon

99jon wrote:

Are you using the auto-fix options from Organizer. If so elements automatically creates a duplicate and places it in a version set next to the original. You would need to tidy up afterwards if you only wish to keep a single copy. Otherwise use Full Edit (Expert Mode in PSE11) and save by overwriting your original.

I had not thought about that option, thanks 99jon.

If that is the case, the version sets (which are not really duplicates) simply need to be 'flattened'.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points