Skip navigation
rachel9494
Currently Being Moderated

Illustrator CS6 and Graphic Styles (Freezing)

Nov 14, 2012 7:41 PM

Hi everyone, I'm on a Mac and have Illustrator CS6. Whenever I try to open up Graphic Styles, it freezes.

I deleted preferences and even did the disk permissions repair, then restarted. Nothing. I tried to create multiple types of documents too (print, web, etc), but whenever I try to open styles after creating that document, it freezes.

These are the vanilla default graphic styles, mind you.

It might freeze for other tools, but I'm not sure, haven't gotten that far in the investigation. Would anyone happen to have any ideas? :/ Thanks!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to rachel9494

Just got this issue (yet again). I tried something I use to fix certain Bridge glitches - unmount any disk called USERS. I don't know why, but my Adobe programs don't like disks with this name. Then, when you click on graphic styles, give it like, 30sec - 2min to load. You can even just browse the interwebs. The AI icon on your toolbar will bounce when it's loaded up and ready to use again. Also, make sure the Graphic Styles aren't displayed when you close the file, or it can be hell to re-open it at all. Don't know why, but I had this same problem with CS5.

Let me know if it works!!

-Summer

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 15, 2013 8:55 AM   in reply to rachel9494

I am having the exact same issue with the Graphic Styles window. It is a SUPER ANNOYING BUG. Adobe please look into this!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points