Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Nov 15, 2012 1:24 AM

Tags: #error #windows #8 #0xc000007b

Hi all,

I have been searching the web for days and have tried several "fixes and still I cannot get premiere pro to run.

I have CS6 MC installed and since I have upgraded from Win 7 ultimate to Win 8 pro I constantly receive when starting Premiere Pro:

Application Error

The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

Some info:

It's 100% a 64 bit environment

Machine is an i5 3750k quad core 3.4ghz

8gb RAM

1 x 1TB internal Drive

1 x 750GB internal Drive

Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 Ti

2TB esata Lacie Ext Storage

The only thing that is strange is that in "all apps" on the metro interface Premiere pro is not listed with the others under the "Adobe Master Collection" title but under "Adobe"

Any help much appreciated as I have been unable to do any editing since upgrading.

Thanks

Dave

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to davestuartturner

Hi Dave,

Don't have the solution yet, but I am having the exact same problem as of today, but on a normal 64 bit Windows 7 system. Yesterday my Premiere Pro (6.0) still worked and I changed nothing to my computer.  To solve it I tried installing the latest update (6.03). Did not work. I now just installed premiere pro all over again, from the orginal CD. Still does not work.Í restarted my PC, no change.  I am now installing the most recent microsoft Windows (critical) updates and hope that it will help.  If I find anything I will post it here, but I guess a good number of people will be having this problem now or soon. My sense is that something on my computer changed, either by a virus or a windows update.

Perhaps Adobe is already aware of this problem, I will call them tomorrow.

cheers,

Erwin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 7:46 PM   in reply to davestuartturner

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

A Memory Address error is often thrown, when some process, or program, that loads at bootup, has either mis-reported its memory usage to the OS, or has told the OS that it has released memory addresses, but has not.

I would first check with MSCONFIG to see which processes and programs are loading at Startup, or under Services. Try rebooting without all unnecessary programs and processes, and test.

Next, I would look in Event Viewer, in both System and Applications Tabs, to see if you have any error, or warning messages, about the time that you got the error message. If any of those messages have links, follow each link, to see if you can get a report on what is causing the error, or warning.

If that yields nothing useful, then look at the regular Event messages, to see if something is being called, or loaded, at just those times.

Good luck, and hope that you can track down the culprit, and that the issue is as simple as some process/program loading first, and mis-reporting memory addresses.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 4:53 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

Hi Dave,

I am haveing the same problem with Premiere Pro CS6, Media Encoder and Encore.

I have tried updating the product, restarting the machine and using repair start up in Window Recovery Environment booting from the DVD, and nothing has worked so far. Now considering reinstalling all Adobe applications. What I don't understand is, After Effects and Photoshop 64bit are both working fine.

If I find an answer I will post here....

Sera

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 5:43 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

Hi Dave,

I have just done chksdk and memory diagnostic and still saying no problems with my system. Are you saying the re-install didn't work?

I just checked where programs are, and majority exist in folder (x86) except for

After Effects

Bridge 64bit

Encore

Illustrator 64bit

Media Encoder

Photoshop 64bit

Premiere Pro

and Speedgrade.

However. if it were the location, surely After Effects wouldn't work as well, but it does.

Hopefully we'll find a solution

Sera

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 7:52 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

>As its a 64bit program i would have thought it should have installed to the (x86) folder

Exactly backwards... x86 is for 32bit software

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 2:15 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

Having same problem with Adobe Lightroom 4, it is a 64 bit issue Adobe techniians unable to help

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to aztecvision

By any chance has anybody uploaded a program called ilivid this is definetly one of the culprits. May have done something to the msvcr80.dll, msvcr100.dll files, If you have this program delete it , or it will cause you no end of hassle

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 24, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to aztecvision

Yes, I installed ILIVID a while ago, and after this Premiere Pro did no longer work. So you are right! I had to do a system restore to an earlier version (Windows 7, 64 bit) to get back a to a working situation. Nothing else worked.

Thanks for the suggestion, people should know this!

cheers,

Erwin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to davestuartturner

This is just personal experience, but I have NEVER had a Windows upgrade work properly... so now I always wipe the drive and do a fresh install of the new version of Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2012 3:30 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

Not sure about that, most of whom I have been in contact with have received

the message(0xc000007b) with regards to having uploaded the iLivid program.

Under no circumstances load this program it does not like adobe.The fix did

not require uninstallation of windows but did require the insertion of

two.dll files which had to be 64 bit

Regards

D.Hochstetter

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2012 10:16 AM   in reply to aztecvision

Can you specify which .dll files you installed? Is it msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll?

I am getting that error and realized I had downloaded iLivid, which I have since uninstalled. I just ran the CHKDSK /R but it didn't work (and took two hours)... So hopefully that .dll fix will work so I don't have to reinstall Premiere Pro.

Thanks all!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to Rob13244

Hi all - not sure how many people are reading this and are still "up that particular creek".  I too hit that iLivid tool but another thread on this forum has the fix.  He uploaded the 2 required 64-bit DLL's and you just need to put them into the installation folder and it's fixed (at least for me).

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4902259

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 8:08 PM   in reply to NS_Shutterbug

I also have this problem, and that does not help. I did a complete RegCure cleanup, reinstalled MC multiple times, copied Common Files over to the same HDD MC is installed on(helped fix other programs, but different errors), doing the disk check, and adding in those two DLLs. Nothing is working please help.

Windows 8 Pro

Asus ROG Maximus V Formula Mobo

Gskill 8GB RAM

GTX 670 FTW

i7 2600k

64GB SSD Boot drive

1TB HDD (where MC is installed)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 9:10 PM   in reply to DennisSub

Hmm - Lightroom was the only thing that was bagging on me with that error and it was right after I installed and then uninstalled iLivid that I noticed it.  I know the DLL's have to the 64-bit versions - now the link he gave in his post is for Windows 7 so I'm guessing the same fix will work for you - the kicker is getting the Windows 8 64-bit DLL's.

Do you have any other Adobe 64-bit apps installed that are working?  He took his msvcr80.dll from his CS5 (or 6 - I don't remember off hand).  If you have a friend (or another machine) running Windows 8 you should be able to mooch them - and then just dump them into the Install directory.  This literally took me 45 minutes from discovery of problem to resolution - no tools to run, no cleaning up - the longest part was finding the solution - the fix was 2 minutes - download, unzip and copy to folder - not even a reboot and then Lightroom came up without issue and I continued to work.  I think the problem in your case is simply version - I linked you to Windows 7 and you need 8.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2012 11:40 PM   in reply to NS_Shutterbug

Well it almost worked. I copied the two DLLs and that did nothing, so I copied, pasted, and replaced every single DLL from the After Effects folder. I don't get the error anymore, but when the loading logo pops up it gets stuck at           "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm" Any suggestions?

Never mind, it just took a while is all. THANK YOU!

EDIT: Actually, everything is taking forever to load... suggestions...?

DOUBLE EDIT: NVM it is just locating media from a save and taking a while.

TRIPLE EDIT: Yea Nevermind. Premiere is just working incorrectly now. Like the preview does not even show.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to DennisSub

Well, I don't have a lot of experience with Premiere however what I think could have happened there was that one of the other DLL's you replaced may now have been replaced with one that is "not current" - for example if an update to Premiere refreshed the DLL's and the ones you copied over from After Effects are not at the same level - since they are all dynamically linked (hence the name) the internal procedure calls could be choking or having problems.  The Premiere issue seems to be a bigger screw up from iLivid than Lightroom and I'm wondering if it's iLivid's movie capability (since your error seems to be QuickTime oriented) - so Lightroom was an easier fix.  You can at least get past that error now - maybe try to re-install and run any patches/updates from Adobe - that might get all the DLL's back in line with each other - that's about all I can think off at this point.  If the application is loading but bagging on some functions, typically a reinstall would be my first bet (especially since you seem to be past the original error in this post).

Hope that works for you - starting the system load from scratch will suck and I don't wish that on anyone.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to NS_Shutterbug

Thanks, it works now!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to NS_Shutterbug

I copied the msvcr100.dll from AE and pasted it in Premiere and now it works find. I can't understand why it was missing in the first place when the program was downloaded and installed?? Shouldn't it have been installed along with the program in the first place???

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to davestuartturner

I was almost driven crazy by this problem. My Premiere CS6 displays error 0xc000007b exactly like your situation. I tried every method on the internet but none of them worked.

Including copying the msvcr100.dll to the Premiere folder. Nothing happened.

But this one sounds reasonable, comparing to some guess like video card problem or something.

Since I don't use ilivid or something like this. So I thought maybe there was some file else which my computer lacked.

But I don't know what it is.

Then I got an idea.

Here is what I did:

Copy all the AE CS6 .dll file in "Support Files" folder.

Backup all the .dll files in Premiere CS6 folder.

Paste and replace them all!

Then I found that Premiere Pro was able to start up. But unfortuately, it stopped in half.

Well. Maybe I shouldn't click "replace".

So I went back to the backup folder. Copied the origin .dll files.

Paste and replace again!

That's equal to choose "Not replace" at the first time.

Now everything came back to normal.

I want to get a sleep.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to S.W.A.L

Using Windows 7

Just want to report that to copy & paste the msvcr100.dll & msvcr80.dll files from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS6/Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS6 worked great for me.

Had the 0xc000007b error with both Premeire and Media Encoder. Copied same two files into Encoder directory also, works fine now.

Thanks to the suggestions on this thread!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 10:05 AM   in reply to yothen

I used msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll to paste in the premiere folder, It works for my computer or systerm!!!So it's not exactly same to different computers.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 8:28 PM   in reply to davestuartturner

All you shoud have to do is reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistrbutable. It's downloadable from Microsoft's website and replaces all of these files. Worked like a charm.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2013 10:01 PM   in reply to mailjohnb

I gave this a shot as I too am having this error. This really stinks as AP was working just fine before this code. Anyway. I went to install C++ 2010 x64 Redistrbutable and it detected a newer version and would not do so.....

I love paying $20/mo to not use this program. Grrrr

Any other ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to SKINSUIT

I have copied and pasted msvcr80.dll and msvcr100.dll from Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe After Effects CS6/Support Files to Computer/Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro CS6. It worked for me too.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to Izzy Babic

i got this message http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-application-was-una ble-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b-636319.html

when i copied the dll file of 64 bit to the folder i got upper indicated message but when i copied dll file of 32 bit to the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 then the program worked fine.

i am using windows 8 64 bit.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:46 AM   in reply to davestuartturner

Me too but thanks, it works now! 

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 2:24 AM   in reply to Izzy Babic

Thanks!! It works!!

|