Skip navigation
hal_ek
Currently Being Moderated

Can the arrangement of Video 7 Audio tracks be changed in Elements 11

Nov 15, 2012 10:04 AM

Tags: #timeline #layout_adjustment

I am accustomed to Prem. pro where the video tracks are grouped & the audio tracks are grouped in a different group on the timeline.

Can this be done in Elements 11?

Details please.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to hal_ek

Only to a degree. In PrE, one can display either Audio Tracks, or Video Tracks, or both, grouped as they are, with Video Tracks and Audio Tracks next to each other.

Personally, I like the PrPro layout better, as I nearly always work on Video first, and then Audio later on. However, many PrPro users beg for the PrE layout. I find it occupies a lot of real estate, and really like the separation much better.

I am going to Move this thread out to the main PrE Forum, so that others can comment, as they will likely not see it here.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 9:59 AM   in reply to hal_ek

You are most welcome.

Now, having filed Feature Requests with Adobe, what I do not know if any change has been made in PrE 11's Expert Mode. I am still awaiting my copy of PrE 11, and will pour over it - just in case.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to hal_ek

You can always delete the empty tracks* and then add, say, seven video tracks followed by adding seven audio tracks. You could then save that empty project out to use as a starting point in new projects.

*You can't get rid of Soundtrack, Narration, Video 1, and Audio 1 though. They are fixed. You can rename them.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers