Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 9 and MAC with Mountain Lion

Nov 15, 2012 2:44 PM

Elements 9 will open but not run, just get the whirling color wheel.ave to force quit. I have upgraded to Mountain Lion. Used to work perfectly

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to winngrip

When you upgrade with PSE installed, it's extremely important to delete the preferences. Go to your username>library>preferences and remove everything you can find that pertains to PSE, including

come.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 settings

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 paths

and any lockfiles with the same names. That library is hidden in 10.8. To see it, option click the Go menu in the Finder and it will appear below the little house for your user account. While you're in there, also go into the saved application states folder and delete anything related to PSE.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to winngrip

At the top of the window when you are in the Finder, look for the Go menu. Click it to open it and while you're holding it open, press the Option key.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 7:09 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Will this work to stop it from quitting when trying to save?  I've also upgraded to lion, and now everytime I try to save it it quits on me.  I've deleted the preferences by pressing shift, alt & command right after lauching the program. 

A window came up asking if I wanted to delete preferences, I clicked yes.  I restarted my computer but it still quits every time I try to save anything, otherwise it works fine. 

If I tried this, would that resolve my problem?

Thanks for any help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 2:23 AM   in reply to brunohailey

Hi brunohailey,

If you think this solution can work any better for you, please do the following-

1. Uninstall PSE (ensure you have the product set up files and serial key aside)

2. Go to ~/library/Preferences and delete the following files-

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist.lockfile

Adobe Photoshop Elements x paths

Adobe Photoshop Elements x settings

3. Go to ~/library/Saved App States and trash all PSE related files

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 5:42 AM   in reply to brunohailey

In my experience, brunohailey, it's very important to delete all those files when upgrading to 10.7 or 10.8. The keystsroke combo only does the .plist file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Hi,

Thank you for replying, I ended up unistalling it and reinstalling it.  Then I put all my files that were completed prior to unistalling it in a different folder.  So far I haven't had any other problems.  Thanks for all the help!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points