Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adding text to a video

Nov 15, 2012 4:08 PM

I have been looking and looking to find an explanation of how to add text to a video - and to decide form when and till when the text shall be shown.

Does such an explanation really not exist?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 15, 2012 6:45 PM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

Have you looked at the title function?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 9:11 PM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

Text is added via a Title. There are several ways to invoke that function. Once can to to the Toolbar and choose Title>New Title, or from the Title "showcase," can choose to use, and modify a Title Template.

To have a Title, with Text, or even Images and Clip Art, above (superimposing) a Video Clip, just create/modify the Title, and place it above the desired Video Clip.

As PrE assumes that one wishes to create and place a Title, at the location of the CTI (Current Time Indicator/Playhead), I like to move the CTI to the end of the Timeline, create, and then modify the Title, and click+drag it to the desired location.

The modification of Title Templates, or the creation of a Title from scratch, is done in the Titler, a sub-application invoked from within PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

How to create and use a title also varies a bit from version to version. So, if you want specific instructions, you'll need to tell us which version of the program you're using.

Meantime, my book offers step by step instructions for every tool in the program, if you're interested.

http://Muvipix.com/pe11.php

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2012 8:37 PM   in reply to Niels Graverholt

Also when adding text make sure you render or it runs extremely slowly (for me anyway)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points