• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HandleWindowFont not located

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was not able to get satisfaction from chatting with an adobe rep. PSE 11, installed yesterday, getting error box, "handlewindowfont could not be located in the dynamic link library plugin.dll". clicking on it many times, the program load. whether it tries to load thru organizer or editor, same result. chat person suggested to set up another administrator and load it thru there, same problem. What gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program is unable to display a font, possibly something to do with the UI or your Windows theme. As a minor, make sure you run with sufficient user privileges. also sift through your fonts and remove any third-party fonts that you may have added. also reset the theme to the default settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple (different) versions of plugin.dll on your system?  What are their versions?

If there are indeed different versions, PSE may try to invoke the wrong dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up on handlewindowfont issue. Even tho i uninstalled PSE, when i looked into the programX86/adobe.... found some files still left there. And, yes, there were PSE 6, and 10 on the computer, so it might have been confused from there. Also, had moved over some plugins, pictocolor, might have moved others that might not work. pictocolor only was aok.

jack hoyt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same problem. It was immediately solved when I unchecked the following:

Edit > Preferences > Plug-Ins > Additional Plug-Ins Folder

Instead of referring to plug-ins in the Photoshop Elements 10 folder I simply copied the plug-ins to the PSE11 plug-ins folder!

Brgds,

Kristian Borum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines