Skip navigation
Surferboy_SWE
Currently Being Moderated

Fireworks CS6 - crashes all the time

Nov 16, 2012 3:05 AM

Tags: #problem #cs5 #bug #fireworks #cs6 #fireworks_cs5 #fireworks_cs6

Hi.

I have used adobes whole rage of products for years.

Last 2 years I've starded using fireworks cs5 and now cs6 on Mac.

We use it at work for weblayout wireframeing templating... really good program doing those kind of stuff.

But I never really could settle with Fireworks 100%.. because it craches at least 3-5 times a day for totally different reasons.

Mostly when klicking around in the UI.

I've noticed many of the UI in Fireworks is built with flash, performance is not even close compared to Photoshop.

Is it flash that makes Fireworks crash?

Hey Adobe and all the other users!

Are you experience the same problems? Photoshop is a excelent product and a true quality pice of program, but what happned with fireworks.

The great adobe feeling of a robust secure program is gone.

This makes Fireworks TOTALLY useless! It been around for years but Adobe doesnt seem to take notice in the thousads of people complainig.

Im sorry if I sound a little angry and negative but I really belive Adobe can do better than this.

//Christian

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 7:38 PM   in reply to Surferboy_SWE

Just crashed on me again. Do I really need to put a timer next to my desk to remind me to save work every 10 minutes? This is rediculous.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2012 5:13 PM   in reply to Surferboy_SWE

Agreed! My agency is using it as the main workhorse layout app for visual web design. Its great for so many reasons: vector handeling, master pages etc, but darn does this thing crash for no reason and leaks RAM.

And why does that darn Fireworks recovered files always have 0k — thanks for nothing!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to Surferboy_SWE

Yep. Same sentiments. Fireworks is great in concept, and worked great under the Macromedia umbrella. For me, it's not app crashes but failing to save a file. Backing up whatever change I made that prevented it from saving doesn't fix it. At some point, something will happen, and the file will not save.

Sometimes, if you close (losing your changes), then re-open the file, Fireworks will tell you it can't open it and it's not a known type of file.

Fun times.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Mastov1

You can enable auto-save in your fireworks preferences file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:48 AM   in reply to growing

Thanks so much! The auto-save is definitely helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to artythesmarty

You're welcome!  Just note that this isn't foolproof..  make sure to save a new file immediately, because it won't save a previously unsaved file.  And the default save time of 5 minutes works really well for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 7:57 PM   in reply to growing

case in point:

I like the option to auto save, I'd just prefer it if the saved file opened instead of this rather usesless errorScreen Shot 2013-01-31 at 7.53.15 PM.png

(but they do howvere make great reference files for when the application last quited out (insert sly ironic grin here)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2013 2:31 AM   in reply to Surferboy_SWE

Adobe seems to be getting rid of Fireworks by letting it bleed to death. They never wanted Fireworks in the first place. They want us to just use Photoshop. Adobe bought Macromedia only for Flash and Dreamweaver. They handed Fireworks over to some small Indian development team with minimum funding and don't even bother to set any quality standards. It would be a bad decision to just bluntly pull the plug on Fireworks because the vast and loyal usergroup so they just bully us over tot Photoshop.

It's also not an option to sell Fireworks because it would be competition.

So eventually they did what I feared they would do after they bought Macromedia. They killed Fireworks but they're doing it slowly, sneaky and painfully.

I wish some smart, caring developer would make an alternative for Fireworks. Taking all it's top features (pages, symbols, shared libraries, vector editing, etc.) and build a modern tool specally for designing large, multi device webservices. These people would be my gods.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 1:20 AM   in reply to bartvdm

Please let me know if you guy find out any thing better Firework. I will jump right away! Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2013 4:33 AM   in reply to Sang Dang

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers