Skip navigation
Gabe_Adoff
Currently Being Moderated

How do I enable x-refs between different linked FM files when converting to WebHelp with RH 10?

Nov 16, 2012 11:56 AM

Hi,

I'm using RH 10 to convert linked FM books into RH and generate WebHelp and I'm seeing that whenever there's a cross reference from one topic to another topic that was generated from a separate FM file, that X-ref is broken in the WebHelp output. These x-refs between FM files all work perfectly in the FM book and PDF output. Is there a project setting that enables this in the WebHelp output?

Thanks!

Gabe

Replies
  • Anjaneai Srivastava
    1,028 posts
    Oct 17, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to Gabe_Adoff

Hi Gabe,

This problem could be because of the long file path for your book.

Can you copy your complete folder, containing your book and documents. Place it at -- C:/FolderName.

Make sure that the book and FM documents are at one level below root C.

Now, try publishing directly from FrameMaker or Link it again in a New RoboHelp project and generate your output.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 6:40 AM   in reply to Gabe_Adoff

Yes there seems to be an undocumented path length limit that affects these xrefs from translating correctly into your RH project. I encountered the issue while importing too. Some of my links were appearing as correct refs, but others weren’t – it took a bit of experimentation to shorten the paths to get them all working. Hindsight is always 20/20 ;>)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points