Skip navigation
anthony.chopin
Currently Being Moderated

Persistent and Frequent Serious Error Crashes

Nov 16, 2012 10:24 PM

Tags: #crash #serious_error_detected #serious_error #unexpectedly_quits

Hi there,

I have been experiencing some extremely frustrating problems with my version of Premiere Pro CS6, where it continually encounters a serious error and shuts down. The most frustrating part is that it will even do this with little to nothing in the timeline. For example, just now i just started a new project and all i had in the timeline was an audio track. I went to click on the effects window and BAM.... serious error, sorry Premiere must shut down!

I've submitted probably more than 20 crash reports and i'm yet to hear anything. This is a legitimate copy purchased from Adobe and i had opted for the downloaded version over the physical version. I was hoping to see if any of you have had similar errors with the downloaded version and if the physical version is somehow more stable?

My computer is more than adequately equipped to handle the software and its specs are as follows:

Macbook Pro

OS X 10.6.8

2.66GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1067 MHz DDR3

250+Gb of disk space

I will likely talk to support during business hours and see if i may be able to somehow get a physical version instead as this current situation is scaring the crap out of me. If i wind up losing a client project, Adobe will not be happy to hear from me at all!

Please help!!

Anthony

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 19, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to anthony.chopin

I am in the same boat.

Mac Pro 5.1 12 core

16gb ram

OSX 10.6.8, 10.7.5. 10.8.2. doesn't matter - I have boot drives for all and get the error on all

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to anthony.chopin

Are these single drive systems?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 3:23 PM   in reply to anthony.chopin

Try it.

Multiple fast drives and fast connections are vital part of avoiding bottle necks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to shooternz

Not a drive issue - over 250mbs per AJA tester.

Mac Pro 5.1 (12 core)

16gb RAM

Mac Raid Card

Drive Bay 1 1tb system drive (I have 10.6.8, 10.7.5 and 10.8.2 available on interchangeble system drives)

Drive Bay 2 - 4 1 tb each in Raid 0

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to drtvEditor

Just occurred to me what's different about these crashes from virtaully any other app. The error message is never preceded by the Spinning Beach Ball Of Death. So to me that means its NOT the OS.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points